It's A...

Hermione's eyes open up before Draco's and she shakes him awake as soon as her bedside clock reads nine in the morning.

"Wake up! We have to go to the doctor! Today's the day to find out the baby's gender!" Hermione exclaims, excitement filling her heart.

"'Kay," Grunts Draco sleepily and then he rolls over the opposite direction.

Seeing that Draco still does not budge, Hermione leaves him alone for the moment and looks for something acceptable to wear. She knows Draco had had a hard day the day before, being strangled by his own father and ending up in St. Mungo's. All because he told his father how he really felt.

Ginny had dropped in some maternity clothes in Hermione's room the night before last that she wore when she was pregnant with James. Hermione is very happy because she can't fit into any of her usual clothes anymore. Being twenty-three weeks today, her belly is growing bigger by each day. Her little one is already awake and kicking, not seeing the baby on screen since ten-weeks, she really is curious to see what the baby looks like now.

Hermione finds some adorable denim maternity shorts and a cute floral top. Her baby bump is more defined than ever this morning as she looks at herself sideways in the full-length mirror. Draco opens his eyes finally and looks at his girlfriend, who's examining herself.

"You look so cute pregnant," Draco suddenly compliments, making Hermione jump.

She blushed, "Erm, thanks!"

"No problem, it's what I live for, complimenting you, after I said so many horrible things to you in the past-" He mumbles, sitting up now. His shaggy blonde hair is sticking up like he had rubbed a balloon on it, making Hermione giggle. He tries to tame it with his hands to no avail and gives up as Hermione mutters a spell to make it flatten.

Hermione then leaves Draco alone in her room to get dressed and walks into the kitchen where Harry is sitting at the dining table, drinking coffee and eating toast. It is Saturday, so he is off of work.

"Good morning Hermione!" Harry exclaims, seeing her happiness radiating off of her.

"'Morning Harry!" Hermione exclaims back, picking up her mobile phone and dialing her mum's number.

"Hi mum, will you meet us at the doctor's office? Yes we find out the gender today...Draco's mum is going to be there too! Ok love you mum, bye!"

Harry chokes on his coffee as he looked at Hermione in shock. "No way!"

"Yes way, I know it's hard to believe! Narcissa Malfoy has agreed to come to a Muggle doctor's office to see her grand-child on the sonogram!"

Harry chuckles. "I never knew her much but I KNOW two years ago that would never have happened in a million years!"

"No, not at all. I would not have been having a baby with a Death Eater two years ago either, that would have been quite rightly barbaric I must say," laughs Hermione as she levitates the waffles from the toaster onto the empty plate in front of her. She then uses the accio spell to get the syrup and margarine as well and makes up her waffles as she notices Draco is in the room with them now.

He frowns at her comment and feels offended at her joke. He grunts, "'Morning," to Harry and then grabs the cereal for him to eat, not bothering to use any magic either.

Hermione feels bad for what she said. "I'm really sorry Draco I didn't realize-"

"No, it's true what I was. I am not that man anymore, so I'm not ashamed. But I'd rather it not be rubbed in my face that I made mistakes in life, because who doesn't make mistakes?" Draco sneers. He then resorts to eating his cereal in silence, frowning.

Ginny then walks in the room with a squirming seven-month-old. "Hi guys, good morning love," she greets Hermione, Draco, and Harry, kissing her husband and handing James to him so she can also get herself breakfast.

"What are you off to do?" She asks Hermione, noticing her clothes.

"I hadn't told you? We are off to find out the gender of the baby!" Hermione exclaims, forgetting she didn't tell Ginny last night.

"Oh, I want to go!" Ginny says, turning to Harry then. "Can you watch him for a few hours?"

Harry smiles and says jokingly. "Of course I will, he is my son too, Ron's coming over with Lavender at one, he just texted me."

Hermione frowns at this and exclaims, "Just great!" Draco looks at her questionably, Hermione just shakes her head and tries to forget about that and move on with the happiness of finding out the gender. Harry and Ginny know why it still bothers Hermione to see Lavender, but they don't say anything. There is no question that she too still cared for Ron.

Draco already called his mum and confirmed where they would meet. It was nearing eleven now, the appointment is at twelve and they have an hour drive with some usual traffic and flying since Draco can't apparate. They are meeting Jean Granger and Narcissa Malfoy at the doctor's office, Narcissa will apparate and of course Jean would drive, she lives close to the doctor's office.

Ginny is not as thrilled about going when she hears Draco's mum is going too. They don't have the best past, Ginny tried to curse her during the war.

It is time to go so Ginny, Hermione, and Draco jumps into Ginny's Ford Anglia and leaves for downtown London. The ride seems to take forever. Draco drives and Hermione sits up front with him as Ginny snores in the back seat and jumps awake when they arrive at the doctor's office. Draco lands the car a block away in a hidden location, not wanting to attract too much attention. He then drives normally to park the car in a parking spot in front of the Muggle doctor buildings.

Narcissa and Jean are standing at an awkward distance near the entrance, Ginny and Hermione can't help but giggle at the differences of clothing. Narcissa is wearing black wizarding robes as she always does, her wand is tucked away but you can tell she is different than the rest of the people around, and Jean Granger is wearing jeans and a blue blouse. Draco now wears normal Muggle clothes as well when he isn't at school or work, they all do, but some witches and wizards prefer robes all the time unless they go somewhere where you require Muggle wear.

The mums don't really talk at all, Narcissa keeps her distance away from Jean and comes to Draco's side at once when he arrives. "I feel very off from everyone else Draco, I don't know if I can stay," she nervously whispers to her son.

"Mum, you need to stay this is one of the most important moments of my life!" Draco tells his mum, "I'm so glad you came!"

Narcissa nods and stays for her son, entering the Muggle doctor's office. Jean, a bit more obnoxious than Hermione, excitedly squeezes her daughter's hand as they walk in, Hermione just smiles at her mum.

Ginny decides to strike up a conversation with Mrs. Granger and they sit and talk about Hermione's baby and bet on the different genders as Hermione registers for her appointment.

It doesn't take too long for the nurse to come and get Hermione, the whole lot of them walk through the door. People notice Narcissa's clothes and start to whisper, luckily she doesn't notice.

After they weigh Hermione and measure her belly, they are led into a sonogram room and Ginny and Mrs. Granger still are talking. Narcissa awkwardly sits in the corner and Draco sits right up by Hermione, not really saying as much as a word to anyone else in the room to no one's surprise.

The doctor comes in and greets everyone, and after gazing at Narcissa for a quick few moments, making her blush, he straightens up and talks to Hermione. "Now, today we will find out what the little kiddoe of your's is by sonogram and we will do a few blood tests. This is one of the most exciting times in a pregnancy, I'm glad you brought your family with you that always makes it so much more amazing and real."

Ginny is squealing from excitement and Narcissa is glaring at her in annoyance as the doctor applies the goo on Hermione's swollen stomach. Narcissa then watches closely, even though she won't admit it, she is impressed with this Muggle doctor.

He takes out the sonogram scanner and lays it on her belly to move it around. The two mums gasp and Ginny says, "Aww!" Narcissa is even getting excited now and is looking very curiously at the screen.

"There's a head-" he moves around so they can see the width of the baby's head and then measure the squirming baby's width and length of it, "There's the heartbeat-" the heart beats very strongly and they can hear it like a thumping pair of drums. A tear comes to Hermione's eyes and she is suddenly nervous to find out what her baby is but has been awaiting this moment for what seems like ages. "And it's a-" he moves it around so he can see better between the baby's legs, even though the baby is squirming you can see for sure that the baby is a- "GIRL!" The Doctor exclaims, "Congratulations are in order, you are having a bouncy baby girl!"

The mums cry out in joy and Ginny tells Jean Granger, "Told you! I was right! My son, James, already has a wife picked out for him!"

Draco is smiling so big and kisses Hermione's forehead as Hermione is crying in tears of joy.

"I had dreams it was a girl, I knew it, my baby girl..." Hermione says dreamily, rubbing her stomach.

"Daddy loves you," Draco whispers, leaning close to her stomach.

Hermione just smiles at him and wipes her tears away, this all just felt like a dream to her, all of this.

The Doctor does the blood tests he needs and then leaves after saying their next appointment is at thirty weeks.

Everyone is so excited, even Narcissa hugs Hermione and kisses Draco's cheek, "I always wanted a little girl, now I will have my very own grand-daughter," She gushes.

The lot walks out of the room, Hermione pays the cashier, and they then leave the doctor's office to stand in the parking lot.

"Goodbye and congratulations!" Narcissa says, still feeling awkward around all the Muggle population around her and hurriedly walks off back to her apparating spot.

"Thanks!" Hermione replies, beaming.

"Oh Hermione, I love you sweety, and that little girl. It's so nice to meet you Ron, I feel like I know you already!" Jean Granger says, and everyone goes silent.

Hermione's cheeks inflame, Malfoy frowns, Jean notices the silence and looks at Hermione, then she remembers.

"I am SO sorry! Draco, I'm sorry, silly me- it is so nice to finally meet you. Hermione speaks so highly of you, and you too Ginevra! Oh, how silly of me I feel so stupid!" Then Jean Granger, embarrassed from the mis-naming Hermione's boyfriend, hugs everyone and leaves in a hurry like Narcissa.

Draco looks down since Hermione's mum called him Ron, though she tries to cheer him up. "Let's go shop for some clothes in some Muggle children stores!"

Draco and Ginny agree to go with her. Hermione is so excited that she knows she is having a baby girl so she can pick out a name now and get clothes for her. They enter a store called Tiny Tots Unlimited: Baby and Toddler Clothes. It is lined with rows and rows of baby clothes from newborn until three years old.

Ginny and Hermione run to the girl's aisle and start picking things out immediately while Draco sulks behind them, not liking the environment and wanting to leave the store. But today is a special day as he just found out he is having a baby girl. So he tries not to let the Muggles around bother him, that is something that he has not been able to let go yet, Muggle disliking. He always has wanted a little girl first; he already knows he is going to raise her much better than his parents raised him.

The girls buy the baby many things and goes to checkout to Draco's relief because he is ready to get home with Hermione to celebrate. He has decided he would stay with Hermione for a while, but would she be okay with this? He hasn't asked her yet...

They finally finish and climb back into the Ford Anglia. They then fly back to Harry and Ginny Potter's. Hermione then remembers what awaits them there as they get out of the car. She frowns as they walk inside, holding Draco's hand tightly. Her baby girl kicks in her ribs, making her extra uncomfortable.

"Hi there everyone! Long time no see!" A high pitched voice pipes up at them right when they close the large front door behind them. Hermione doesn't even look up; she doesn't want to look into Lavender's face again. But Lavender hugs Hermione and then examines her baby bump, "Getting bigger! Wow!" Lavender squeaks excitedly as if they are old friends that haven't seen each other in ages.

Draco, oblivious to Hermione trying to ignore Lavender, blurts out, "Yes, she's twenty-three weeks today and we are having a little girl!"

Hermione rolls her eyes at Draco just as Ron says a little too happily, "A girl, how nice (hiccup)." Ron is drunk again, obviously.

"A little girl, I still can't bloody believe our best friend Hermione's having a baby!" Harry cheerfully says.

"I know, it's hard to believe, but she's coming soon so be ready!" Hermione answers, smiling at her friend, hiding her annoyance of the presence of Lavender.

"Maybe it'll be my turn soon!" Lavender says, giggling.

Everyone falls silent and looks at her. "Not anytime soon!" Ron blurts back, and then burps loudly.

Hermione violently rolls her eyes at Lavender's comment and then all turn their eyes to the drunken red-head bum on the couch. Obviously he was not looking forward to their announcement.

Ginny sees her brother drunkenly on their couch and accuses Harry. "You let him have drinks Harry?! You know he's been struggling with it!" Hermione has not really even been aware that Ron has been drinking more than usual until now.

"No! Lavender brought them for dinner and Ron snuck them and started drinking them by bottle!" Harry defends himself.

"Ginny, it's (hiccup) fine! Shut it!" Ron assures his sister.

"Yeah, he does this every time he's off now and we have a night without any plans!" Lavender says bluntly.

Ginny and Hermione look worriedly at Ron, who is laughing at nothing.

"Every time? And you let him?!" Ginny yells at Lavender.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know it was not supposed to happen!" Lavender yells back at Ginny.

"Well, quit being witty and start seeing that he shouldn't be drunk all the time!" Ginny screams back, "You know he's still head over heels for Hermione and he gets drunk because he doesn't have her, Malfoy does, and she's having a baby with another man! Of course he does it on purpose! Stop letting him!"

"Fine, I'm sorry and he never loved her, if he did then why are we here now?" Lavender retorts back, looking at Hermione with piercing eyes.

"Lavender, drop it!" Harry chimes in, knowing his wife is very skilled in doing spell work when she's mad, and Ginny is visually very close to pulling out her wand but after Harry says that she refrains and picks up James. She talks to him, trying to calm down.

Hermione just cuddles Draco on the couch and doesn't say anything, embarrassed that Draco has to hear all this and hiding what Lavender said saddens her but she doesn't dare show it. She feels bad for Draco, how must he be feeling being around all these Gryffindors, and being around Ron, Hermione's ex-fiancé who cheated on her not long ago with the girl screaming at Ginny, Lavender. Hermione looks at him and he is awkwardly playing with his mobile phone. Probably, like her, pretending not to hear any of this. If Hermione gets into it, it would put stress on her and the baby, so she chose to just stay out of the argument with Lavender.

The night drags on and Lavender buys a pizza for supper and they all eat in awkward silence. Ron's alcohol is taken away and Ginny makes him drink three bottles of water so he starts to sober up. Ginny even apologizes to Lavender, who clearly does feel bad. Draco and Hermione kind of sit in a corner at the kitchen table and Harry and Ginny sit with them. Lavender and Ron sit alone on the couch.

James is already in bed and it is nearing eleven at night so Lavender announces her and Ron are leaving to his apartment. This made Hermione cringe, he still has their apartment? When it was just theirs, the first thing they got together? And he's staying in it with another woman? Hermione breathes in and out like twenty times trying to contain herself from saying anything in front of Draco and said bye to Lavender and Ron normally with a forced straight face.

Ginny and Harry goes to bed shortly after and Hermione and Draco lay in her's. Hermione doesn't seem quite right and Draco notices.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"N-nothing," She lies, trying not to cry.

"I hear your voice cracking Hermione, now tell me!" Draco demands of her, raising his tone. He doesn't like when she keeps things from him, this is something he has about him now since he had been lied to so many times as a child.

Hermione lets it all out. "R-Ron still has our apartment! It m-makes me s-so angry! He ch-cheated on me with h-her and he's staying in our old apartment with h-her? I'm not sad, I'm angry, I just d-don't know how to express how angry I am in any o-other way!" Hermione says, bawling now.

Draco just hugs her to him. "It's wrong, I agree Hermione. But as long as you no longer pay him any money and it's under his name, he can stay there all he wants."

"Y-yes but, that's n-not right to stay in there with the woman he ch-cheated on me with!"

"Shhh," Draco beckons, trying to soothe her. "Remember Hermione, we just found out we are having a little baby girl, think about that-"

Hermione nods and wipes her tears on the comforter, trying to control the crying and thinking about her baby.

"Let's talk about names!" Draco suggests, trying to make her feel better.

Hermione already feels better, she hasn't even thought of a name yet! She turns toward Draco and snogs him. He is surprised but snogs her back she then breaks from his lips and just looks at him, deep in thought.

"I love you Draco Malfoy," Hermione whispers to him, saying this still feels shocking to her. But it feels so right.

"I love you too Hermione Granger, and our baby girl," Draco answers back.

Her tears stop coming now and all she thinks about is her baby girl and a name for her now. They are silent and Hermione is still deep in thought, Draco decides he will let her pick out a first name and he will pick a middle name.

"How about... Arabella?" Hermione asks Draco.

"Yes, that's beautiful, Arabella Nymphadora Malfoy," Draco answers, smiling big. "Honoring one of my cousins who died too soon for her middle name."

"That's perfect," Hermione whispers dreamily, imagining her little girl like the one in her dreams. Beautiful little Arabella.