Eleven

Esmerelda is in the picture. (Just picture her eyes a much darker blue)

The group of bickering dragons was interrupted when a rush of Aqua flames erupted from Esmerelda's maw and singed the feathers on Roythn's wings. Fados fell to his knees, due the wound across his chest inflicted by Atta, the teenager was growing weaker by the second.

'Fados!' Atta exclaimed, nudging him with her nose so he could stand with her support.

'Reina! Heal him, please!' Esmerelda began to cry, after just finding her rider, she would lose him.

The teal dragon stepped fourth, she lowered her head and turned it to one side so she could see out of her good eye.

'The wound is of a dragons claws, even with the help of my magic, it will take weeks to heal and after that, a scar will be left'

'Just help him!' Atta screamed, surprising the other dragons with her dominance of the situation.

Reina nodded 'Take him to my cave' she instructed Esmerelda.

With Fados taken care of, Atta made her way to the river. She sat down in its waters and patiently waited while her disguise washed away, she scrubbed her scales with rocks and pebbles to rid her body of the soot that stayed on.

Atta then pushed herself off the ground and out of the river with her powerful back legs, she flapped her wings, gaining altitude as she flew higher into the night sky.

'Goodbye my friends. Take care of Fados Esmerelda' she spoke clearly into the mind of every dragon. On her way out, she retrieved her saddle from its hiding place on a high tree branch, unable to fasten it onto herself again, she must find a human to help.

When Atta was gone, Fados awoke and accepted Esmerelda as his dragon. Maybe they shall be in another chapter of the magnificent tale.