Fourteen

Atta torpedoed through the air, she flared her wings out just as she was about to hit the ground.

She stood in a fighting ready position, her senses alert as she sniffed the branches that littered the forest floor.

Atta's nose was then overcome by the scent of, charcoal, leather, smoke and... Herself?! Turning in a flash, she caught the wild that had leaped onto her and began to scrap with him.

When the wild was eventually pinned to the ground, with Atta gripping his wings with her paws, he growled in defeat.
Atta climbed off and snarled, The wild dragon caught a glimpse of the gap where a deadly fang should've been.

He grinned at her, showing the warrior he only wanted to fool around. Atta stopped her snarls and examined the beautiful beast.

He was a golden scaled dragon with a large wing span and multiple horns. His talons were deadly and his fangs were small, but sharp. Around the dragons neck was a necklace made of thick braided leather, enchanted to not wear. The pendant hanging on this necklace was... Her tooth!

Atta then met the sapphire gaze of the dragon, her own eyes widened and her stance relaxed. The wild dragon noticed it too, he began to make his way towards the White dragon.

But then, the infection in Atta's wing decided to make itself known. Atta roared in pain as the feathers on her wing started gradually turning black, starting at the area where she had been bitten. She collapsed to the ground in a heap, struggling to stand and even keep her eyes open.

'My name is Nesenth' a deep masculine voice sounded in her mind before she closed her eyes completely, Nesenth... Her mate.

Dragons receive mates just like shifters, vampires, mermaids, fairies, and sometimes humans. After years of existing and feeling like something was missing in her mind, and heart, she had finally found him.

Nesenth; unable to lift Atta's great weight like Toros had been able too, stayed by her side the entire night, examining her wound and wondering how she had gotten it, and sniffing the saddle upon her back. He considered slicing it off, but wasn't sure if his lovely mate would approve of his actions.

Sleeping, is something Nesenth did not participate in that night.