Chapter Ten

Cherry's POV

I stood over my mate, glaring at my father. Shay's eyes were glazed over as he bleed on the floor. My father took a paw step forward. I snarled.

"Stay back." He paused, his eyes on Shay.

"I cannot believe you actually beat him."

"Of course I did!" I hissed. "He beat me, rapped me, and almost everything bad you can think of! He learned perfectly from you!" My father held his head high.

"Cherry," Paul managed, "you're here." I didn't look down at him, for I feared my father would take that as a sign of weakness. My body tensed as his pose changed.

"You're such a peice of trash," my father hissed. "Just like your whore of a mother." I frowned and cocked my head.

"She wasn't a whore."

"Ha, your mother wasn't even my mate!" I flinched. It was shameful to be born to an unmated pair of wolves... "I never found my mate. Most women won't come near after I finished off your mother."

'He killed her,' my inner wolf growled. 'Kill him.'

--

Paul's POV

I watched as she attacked him, knowing I was to wounded to help her.

'You can't help her,' my inner wolf murmured softly. 'Cherry must do this on her own.' I knew he was right, but I still couldn't stop worrying. My body was slowly healing, but not fast enough. Here I was, on a mission to save her, and she was saving me. I herd the snapping of jaws, and a slight whimper.

Turning my body, I hissed. The pain wasn't as bad, but still hurt. Cherry had her mouth wrapped around her father's shoulder, and I could hear the bones snapping. As he twisted, his teeth ripped into her hind quarters.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Shay begin to stand.

'No!' I screamed in thought. 'Why won't my body move?!' He stood and shook out his coat. The second he saw his Alpha in trouble, he froze, then began approaching. Shay paid me no mind.

'Move!' my inner wolf shouted.

'I can't!'

'He'll kill her!'

It was like a rubber band effect. I snapped forward, tearing into his mid-section. He screeched in pain, trying to twist around and dig into me. I pushed him with my front paws, keeping him from being able to wound me.

"You bastard!" Shay hissed. "You need to die!" I released him, and he spun around to face me. He leapt forward as did I. We smashed into each other, staying on our hind legs, nipping at the other's front paws.

Out of no where, Shay suddenly shoved forward, tossing me. I slammed into the wall, and broke through. Whincing in pain, I stood to face Shay as he limped through the hole in the wall.

"How did you do it?" he snarled. "How could you get Cherry to react in bed?" Oh, now I understood. He was able to gain any reaction from Cherry when he tried to sleep with her.

"Because she is my mate," I answered, standing to my full height. I was actually taller than him.

"She has no mate! She's a shamed werewolf!" Old stories tell of werewolves who were born to unmated wolves would be shamed so much that they them selves would never have a mate.

"I marked her," I said simply, "which makes her mine."

"You took what was mine!" He attacked. I ducked low. Just as he flew over me, I threw my head back, my theeth ripping into his throat. He gurgled once, and that was it. I slumped to the floor, breathing loudly.

"Paul?" i dashed to the other room, and froze. Cherry was limping my way. Behind her was a naked man. It was her father, and he was dead.

I touched my nose to hers, and we both sat there, breathing hard. But I was happy, because she was near me again. I had her back.

--

As I helped Cherry walk towards my house, my father came flying outside, and behind him was my mother.

"How dare yo-" I snarled, silencing him.

"No, Damien, how dare you!" I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. He glared down at Cherry. She stepped forward, her body posed defensivly.

"You should really watch your self, Damien," she growled, "because you're growling and snarling at an Alpha." Oh, shit. That's right. She had killed the Blood Pack's Alpha, which made her Alpha. Plus he was her father.

"Well, then, Alpha Brooks, what are you going to do?" When Cherry didn't answer, I opened my mouth.

"We're going to rest in my room for twenty four hours, then get back to you." I shoved past them and pulled her into my room.

--

Cherry's POV

My body began to shake the moment he closed the door behind us. I tossed my arms around him, tears running down my face.

"Paul." He kissed me, his kisses like he was afraid he'd never kiss me again. When he set me down, I pushed him to the bed, made him lay down, and crawl up, laying with him. "I love you, Paul."

"Love you," he returned softly. I smiled as relaxed.

==========================================

Okay, so this is NOT the end of my story. and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Anyone who would like to possibly create me a cover for either book, would make me very happy. please and thank you. lol. anywho, please comment! I need to know what everyone thinks!

-Stormy