Chapter 16

Corria's POV

I watched my mother hug a woman I wasn't sure I knew. But what I did know what that I recognized her scent, but I could not place it.

"Corria!" My father called out. I walked down the three final steps. My baggy sweatshirt kept my slim frame hiden, but my skinny jeans accented my long legs nicely. "Do you remember Cherry and Paul?" I nodded, of course! That's how I knew them.

"You've grown so fast!" Cherry said, grinning at me. I nodded again.

"Werewolf children always grow fast. She's a couple years old, but looks 15," Sofia said.

"It comes from me," Stefan said. "I still have Alpha genes in me, and Alpha pups grow a little faster." I sighed. Everyone had been fussing over how fast I had grown.

I looked Cherry over, and noticed she had a baby bump. I grinned.

"Secrets are sometimes the worst thing to keep, huh?" I said softly, looking into Cherry's eyes. They widened and she swallowed loud.

"How can you tell?"

"Tight clothing. You wish to hide it, then you should cover up." Cherry looked down, then chuckled.

"Thank." My mother and father frowned, looking us over. Cherry smiled.

"I am pregnant." My mother hugged her again. My father simply grasped Paul's shoulder.

"Congradulations!" Mother squeeling. I whinced. Loud sounds bugged me.

"Here." I pulled off my sweatshirt and tossed it to her. "That'll work while you're here." Stripping of the sweatshirt left me in my lime green tank top, which showed off my growing figure and flat tummy. Cherry stared at me, then exhanged looks with my mother.

I sighed and left. I hated extra attention. All I wanted was to be left alone. Reaching the tree line, I stripped down, then shifted, running through the forrest.

This is what I loved, the running. Being free. We had so much land that I could run for days and not leave it. The wind ripped through my fur, but never bothered me.

My fur was something to be jealous of. It was bronze and soft as ever. And my eyes were a bright green. As I came upon a river, I paused to take a drink. I froze at the sound of someone lapping up water across from me.

When I looked up, I came face to face with a pitch black wolf. His eyes were a bright teal color. He noticed me, and snarled. I shyed back. He frowned, then leapt over the river. I slowly backed away. I was a smaller she-wolf, and he was huge.

His scent hit me, and I almost whimpered. He was a rogue.

He came closer, and I backed up... until I hit a tree. The male sniffed the air, then sniffed me. My inner wolf was just as fearful, and stayed quiet.

"You're... afraid?" he asked, his voice low. I nodded and dropped the dirt. "Why?"

"You... are a... rogue," I whispered, "and rogues have been going on hunting sprees." He growled, and I flintched. "Please let me... go." He cocked his head.

"Did you think I was going to kill you?" I looked up at him, then nodded. He sighed. "I'm not going to kill you. I just haven't been this close to a female in months." In truth, I had never been this close to a male, ever. I never let myself.

"What do you want?" I demanded. He grinned, well, as well as a wolf can; which caused nervousness run through me.

--

Cherry's POV

I wore Corria's Swearhsirt as we aproached Paul's parent's house. It hung loose on me, thought not as loose as it had on her; but it hid my baby bump. Paul held my hand tightly.