Dead Heart

100 Years Ago

She stood there. Alone as the wind blew past leaving her shivering with cold, but the fright didn't help. And than he appeared. He wore a simple black jacket, that was zipped open to show a blue shirt he wore; a large rip was down the front as blood poured from the wound.

"Stiles! Oh my god!" Ariel cried as she ran foreword. She reached him as his head sagged, his eyes fluttered close and the dreadful words left his chapped lips.

"He knows."

Ariel paused. Her entire world flashed before her eyes as her heart sped up, she quickly felt sick as her world spinned. She knew they couldn't hide much longer, her father was too smart for that.

"He killed my mom. My sister isn't much better." Is all he says. His eyes watch Ariel carefully, "this is it."

"Stiles-"

"Ariel. Hide. I've lost everything, and I'm not about to lose you too. I'm sorry but he killed my family, everyone I ever knew and for that... Ariel, I'm going to kill him too." The words were quiet but Ariel didn't argue. Instead she said replied with bold words dripping with anger;

"Let me help."

~~~

Ariel awoke on a hard bed. The ceiling was high above her and the room smelt of flowers, her mind was swarmed with memories. She never thought she had ever missed Stiles more.

"Look who's awake." A cold voice says before her. Sitting up the young girl met eyes with a blonde haired boy. Slowly she placed her hands in her lap and forced a smile on her face, being kind may be the only way out of this hell.

"Hello... Who may you be?" Ariel recognized him, but was at a loss for a name.

"Isaac." It was bitter and cold as he stood and swayed over to her. He leaned down and Ariel felt the sharp feeling of a claw against her skin. Sealing her eyes closed, she swallowed down the fear that threatened to explode. "And I'm here to kill you."

~~~

Tricksters POV

Panic over came the beast of night. Unsure of where it came from he felt desperation grab a hold of him and he simply hated it.

It's her! Find her! She's in danger!

"Oh for heaven sakes! I'm starting to think you weren't there, when she got shot in the chest!" He cried. His nerves were on edge, fuck Stiles. Fuck all of this. Goddamn it the Trickster had to stop himself from killing himself to get this asshole to shut the hell up! Closing his eyes he hissed out a breath and placed a wall up into his mind, anything to silence the voice.

Walking forward; he entered Beacon Hills again. The place seemed quieter than most of the time, cars, however, still sped by at an alarming rate as he moved across the sidewalk. It had changed some much through the years, that even the place where him and Ariel used to meet was noting but dead trees.

It hit him again. Hard in the gut, the panic. Looking upwards he searched around for the source.

How daft are you? Ariel is in danger. Save her.

Growling the Trickster forced himself up and moved ahead, as one sentence kept repeating over and over again in his mind.

Ariel is dead. Ariel is dead. Ariel is dead. Ariel is dead-

~~~

"It's not funny!" The girl cried at the other strawberry blonde who was dying of laughter before her. Scott had re entered the room to scold Isaac for scaring her, but apparently her face was just so funny to everyone.

Rolling her eyes she crossed her arms and started to pout. "Oh come on Ariel! It's just some after death humour that's all."

"I want Stiles." She whispered, focusing on the ground she tried to block out the sounds of Isaac. She was sick of feeling like a toy they were playing around with, large cats toying with a small bird before finally killing it.

She heard Scotts angered sigh, "I will tell you this again girl. Stiles is no more, he died the same night you did. You don't want to even see how he was, again! Like I had said before, we had to kill him, because he was trying to kill u-"

But Scott never finished his sentences as the lights of his room fell to black. A cold feeling crept up into Ariel's spin as she sat there in the silence.

"Guys?" Lydia asks, her voice echoing in the darkness, "do you feel that?"

And Ariel did. The feeling of death was heavy among them and she feared of what was causing that. She fear him now.

He had heard her scream, but he wasn't here to be her knight in shinning armour. No he was the dreaded dragon coming to kill the princess.

My friends! How great is this! I've finally come back at last! A voice shrieked, it echoed among the walls and rattled everyone's bones.

"No... No." Scott whispered to himself. "We killed you!"

"Bitch! You think you can kill me? Me! Hell, you're a stupid dog that needs to be put down!" The voice was close now. In the room and Ariel felt it next to her in the complete utter darkness.

Scott growled, his eyes glowed a dark red, lighting the room only slightly. And Ariel saw it, the faint outline of a boy in the corner of the room. Swallowing Ariel stood.

"Stiles. Stop." Her voice was shaking and she didn't bother to stop it.

"Ah... Lydia, darling! Nice try."

"I'm Lydia... not her." Lydia whispered from the ground she had fallen too. Her knees were brought to her chest as she stared into the void.

Silence. So, so silent.

And she felt the cold hand make contact with her shoulder. A breath against her neck and Ariel sealed her eyes closed, her heart pounding harder against her chest. "My my my..." The voice speaks, it was sweet, soft and gentle. Giving Ariel the small bit of hope she needed, but his voice quickly changed to bitterness, "My little dove? Darling, I hope you guys all realize that this bullshit of a trick won't work on me." His hand was ripped from her shoulder.

"Stiles! I'm back! I promised!"

"Too bad Stiles can't see it for himself." The boy snarls back before the lights flutter back on.

The Trickster only left a small thing behind.

A dead dove.

~~~

Ariel watched the boy go. Her heart felt dead as she turned to walk away, guilt filled her bones. She didn't tell him.

God she should have told him. But Ariel guessed he could have figured it out, it was obvious with his super hearing.

For that when he saw her standing there in the field, that he just didn't hear her heart beat.

He heard two.