two.

ETERNAL.
002. | ❛ you came back.

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

It was the fifth time that day that Caroline visited the Stork Club, hoping that at any given moment Steve would be there waiting for her and their dance. It started becoming an obsession everyday to check the Stork Club, with Peggy and Howard noticing that it was starting to become unhealthy for their friend. But Caroline would come up with excuses, telling them that they should have hope and pray for Steve's return.

Both Peggy and Howard would have screaming matches about how to deal with Caroline about her delusion about Steve's return. Caroline would wake up in the middle of the night, due to her nightmares, hearing the two bickering which would put her in a already bad state, knowing that one of her friends didn't support her. She held onto her dog tags and tried to see if she could hear the situation better.

"Why would you give her the dog tags? Don't you see you're building her illusions furthermore?" Howard's muffled voice was heard through the door.

Caroline put her ear up to the door to hear Peggy's response better as she rubbed the dog tags that swayed from her neck. "Because they were her friends, Howard. That's why. Steve was her epic love and forever will be. Don't you see that when she finally does accept it that she'll need us? Or have you accepted that Steve is truly gone?"

"Caroline is my friend and so was Steve. And all I'm trying, we're both trying to do is help her."

"And by crushing her hopes is helping her?"

"Caroline is going to have to realize sooner or later that he isn't going to come back."

"Think whatever you want Howard but let Caroline have this hope because when she does realize it, the light we once use to know will turn dark."

The following morning, against Howard's pleas, Caroline once again went to the Stork Club. Not being able to take the pain of a another day without Steve showing up, Caroline ordered a good drink knowing that she was a lightweight and she would easily forget the pain quicker than you can say booze. With just a couple of rounds, Caroline was staring to see blurry faces that she couldn't recognize. A woman with brunette hair took a seat on the stool next to Caroline. The woman took no time to strike up a conversation with Caroline.

"You're in pain aren't you?"

"How would you know?" Caroline slurred her words together which didn't go unnoticed by the stranger who looked a tad disgusted by the Stork Club.

"I've been there and I know it's not a pretty site."

"But there's a way out," the stranger seductively offered with a sly smirk that could comply millions.