Every Second Counts (15)

"My mom said she would be here in five minutes," I sighed. Tristan and I were currently sitting on teh steps right out the front of the school. You could still see the huge imprint in the snow beside me of where I had been tackled into the snow by Tristan. 

I looked at Tristan out of the corner of my eye only to see him staring straight ahead at the white snow. His eyebrows were slightly knit together and his mouth formed a straight line. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking about at the moment. 

I was surprised when Tristan suddenly snatched my phone from my hand and stood up. Before I could even ask him what he was doing he stretched his hand out to me. I looked up at him, confused and anxious about what he was planning, but nonetheless I still placed my slightly shaky hand in his. 

Tristan pulled me up off the wet steps and clicked through my phone a couple of times until he found what he was looking for. He then slid my phone into his back pocket as I heard the soft hum of music begin to play. 

I recognized the song immediately to be Wherever You Will Go by The Calling. I smiled at Tristan since he had picked the song that we used to listen to all of the time after baseball practice. We would sit on the bleachers with one ear phone in only one of our ears. This song would always be first on the play-list for some reason. It was our song. 

"So lately, been wondering

Who will be there to take my place

When I'm gone you'll need love to light the shadows on your face

If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all

Then between the sand and stone, could you make it on your own."

The music hummed out of my phone. Tristan took a step towards me and I immediately snaked my arms around his neck as he let his rest on my waist. I wasn't the best of dancers so I just awkwardly shuffled to the side and followed Tristan's lead. 

I was surprised when he pulled me closer and I almost stepped on his toes. I managed to wrap my arms tightly around his neck as I leaned my head against the crook in his neck. He held my waist firmly in his grasp as we continued to sway back and forward to the music.

I smiled to myself as I heard Tristan quietly singing a few verses. 

"And maybe, I'll find out

A way to make it back someday

To watch you, to guide you through the darkest of your days

If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all

Then I hope there's someone out there who can bring me back to you."

Tristan was actually a decent singer. I mean he didn't hit every note perfectly or anything, but he still sounded amazing. He was so sweet and it just warmed me on the inside whenever I thought about him. 

I blushed as I pulled back to look at him.His mouth was still moving, forming the lyrics of the song as we danced to the melody but he was singing quietly now. I listened as the song slowly came to an end. 

"If I could turn back time, I'll go wherever you will go

If I could make you mine, I'll go wherever you will go

I'll go wherever you will go."

I smiled to myself as the song ended, leaning my forehead against Tristan's and staring into his deep, bright green eyes. I leaned forward, pressing my lips gently against his and closing my eyes to savour the moments I've had with him.