Chapter Five

With honesty, Lucy never tried to get involved, it more just happened. She was always in the right place at the right time. However, it seemed more like the wrong place at the wrong time. It happened during the mass shooting and it happened now. It was by pure coincidence that she was there.

When Harry had been stabbed, throughout the whole day, Lucy had felt something that day, like something stirred within her that made her sick. She felt like the world was coming to an end, all around her.

She didn't feel that today. She felt sick, but she always sick when on trains. Planes weren't great either. Sometimes cars were terrible. The sickness didn't mask the bad feelings that had never been there. The sickness drove her to the back, to escape from the heat and the smell, and she happened to stumble upon what was supposed to be the end of lives. She was a hero again, not that she enjoyed that.

The train stopped immediately as people moved out of the train car, going forward, and she waited until the police boarded. It was hard for her to wait, when some part of her told her to run now. She had nowhere to go.

Lucy waited now, in the police station, closest to wherever the train stopped. Humming happened around her, all in a language she didn't know, and she couldn't tell you any of the words. She didn't care to listen. Firstly, she had been taken to the local hospital to be checked out, but she wasn't in shock. Though some police officers had tried to speak to her, but she spoke English. Her German was terrible but she couldn't understand words. No German was spoken here. Their English was broken and inconclusive to the investigation. It didn't matter, because within an hour, high-up investigators would be here, who spoke English clear-enough and all would be revealed.

She didn't know what they hoped to learn when she didn't have much actual things to say. The same questions would've been asked to her repeatedly and she would give the same answers. She would probably speak to at least five different people. She knew the drill.

For now, she waited.

A bottle of water was first brought to her, and then some tea. They brought her whatever they thought would make her comfortable. There was a sandwich brought to her, and then they just brought a chocolate bar, putting it down in front of her. She ate none of it. She drank none of it. Her stomach was still upset over the train ride and her adrenaline came down slowly.

An police officer appeared in front of her again. "Hello... m-mi-miss. Get-I-I-you-anything?"

She flipped her hair back. "No. Thank you." For good measure, she touched his hand gently, giving some human connection. She couldn't image how he must be feeling then, when she had already lived this once. He hadn't been on the train, but the police officer was young enough and never expected this.

The officer nodded, and she pulled her hand back so that he may go back to his job.

The news played in front of her, and the breaking news was out. No one had been injured, unless you counted the gunman, and there was a hero yet to be named. Then, she had no name, age, gender, race, nationality or picture. For the people of the world that stopped and waited, there was only an outline of the hero, which looked like a male, due to society of who saved people.

Smiling to herself, the language that Lucy was unfamiliar with continued. Soon, her name, age, gender, race and nationality would be known. Her face would be plastered everywhere, again. It was different this time, with the world watching with the recent attacks around the world. She wasn't scared of these things, ever. It wasn't living if you lived in fear.

The smile faded from her face when Prince Charming popped into her head: Harry. He would see her face. He would know she was coming to Britain. He would know where she was.

Lucy hadn't intentionally been staying away from him, which she wouldn't admit if she had been. She needed time to think, because she knew her life wouldn't be with him. She liked him enough, maybe a little bit more, but she wasn't willing to give up who she was for a person. It wasn't real love and you weren't a real person if you gave up who you were for love. She wanted to be real, always, and she wouldn't let herself be taken away. If she wasn't real, it wasn't a real relationship.

She tried not to focus too hard, because she wasn't in a relationship with him. She tended to get ahead of herself.

Silence buzzed past Lucy's ears for a moment before she finally stood up. Her knees cracked and back was stiff. The world continued to move around her. There were a few glances from a few people within the room. She had enough wits about her to find her way to the restroom, which she shut herself inside.

Tears burned his eyes, and finally Lucy had come down from her high of adrenaline. Her body shook uncontrollably. Her fingers curled into the sink as she held herself up. Her body was hot, and she couldn't breathe. Her throat closed. A sob ensued that sounded more of a cough, getting stuck in her throat. Her teeth chattered, and she couldn't really make herself out in the mirror. Fear started to take over her, and she shut it down. Five... four... three... two... one.... She was done.

Her eyes cleared, and she slapped her cheeks for more color. Swallowing, she smoothed down her hair and cracked her fingers. She bounced on her toes, allowing herself to be calm again. She settled back into the form of fearlessness. She wasn't scared of death, but she certainly didn't want to die. Looking over herself, Lucy decided she couldn't make herself any better. She went back out to rejoin the world.