Chapter 7 - Frozen

Chapter 7 - Frozen

Scarlett’s POV

Every single wolf looked at Ayden. Don’t get us wrong. It wasn’t loud enough for human ears but for wolf ears, it was certainly loud enough. 

Every wolf was now silent. None of us knew what the hell caused him to growl like that. Hell the people he had been talking to at his table had the same WTF look on their faces as the rest of us did. 

But what confused me, he was looking at me and Grayson. Then I remembered what position we were in and it clicked.

‘Ha guess it wasn’t just a pinch after all’ my wolf taunted.

The humans finally caught on that everyone went silent and was now looking at Ayden, and they were quiet as well trying to figure out what was going on. 

Well if he wanted to growl 2 could play at that game. He ignored the fact that he was my mate as well. 

So I growled back just as menacingly and low as he did. That seemed to snap every ones attention to me. Once the wolves looked at me, the humans followed suit, still not knowing what was going on.

Ayden stood up and strolled over to our table. I stared him down every step of the way. 

Grayson now changed his arms, from being flirtatious to protective, and stared down Ayden as well. 

He reached us and bent down with a smirk said so quietly only I and Grayson could hear, “I would remove those hands from my mate if I were you, and keep them away, or I will destroy you and your little pack. Got it.”

Grayson and I growled simultaneously. Which now cause several wolves to shiver at the implicit threat.

Not bothering to control the volume of my voice I stated, “I would back off unless you want war with the Fianna as well, we all know I can beat you, or did you forget, what I did to you in training class today. Don’t even get me started on your wolves, who also lack training. Don’t start shit you can’t back up. Not to mention what the council would think of your little threat, once Grayson and I tell them. Then I will petition to take over your pack as well and completely destroy you.”

Every single wolf was now silent. Threat of war and being once again separating family, friends and even mates again weighed heavily on every ones minds. No one wanted this. No one wanted to loose a mate or family or friend. But if he starts it, I will be the one to finish it.

Both sides would loose a lot but with Grayson on my side, we would be for sure to win. No one wants war but I will damned if I’m going to put up with this. He is the one that separated us all those years ago for nothing. He separated our pack for nothing. Now we were getting that back and mate be damned, I wasn’t going to loose that again.

If I had to take his pack from him I will.