Chapter 1

Alice Parks walked down the dark alley. Her boots clicked on the hard damp pavement. Her green eyes darted from trash can to trash can, as if she was searching for... something. She pushed her blonde hair out of her sweaty brow and crouched down and began to desperately dig through the trash on the ground. Senselessly she plowed through broken glass and rotting fruits.

She mumbled under her breath and stood back up she stared at her fingers, blooded and shaking. Looking behind her she continued walking down the alley until turning a corner and merging back into civilization. She avoided the swarm of people and dove straight toward a sketchy looking apartment. Grading hold on one of the rings on the ladder leading up to her apartment she heaved herself up the rusted ladder.

Reaching the top she rubbed her fingers on her faded jeans, leaving dirt and dried blood hand smudges. Opening a window she climbed through and slammed it closed. She looked round and walked toward the bathroom. Turning on the sink the cool water flowed over her battered hands. She dried them and took off her dirt incrusted boots and threw them in the bathtub.

She slumped into the living room and sat on a stool by the kitchen. In front of her laid a brown, worn, notebook. She opened it, the pages were filled with colors and drawings. Drawings that were strange, different than circles and squares. Opening to a new page, a drawing a stone glowed different shades of green and blue. This was the key to get her brother back...

HOPE YOU LIKEEEE!!