Chapter 2

-------------Alice's Flashback---------------

Nathaniel, better known at Nate, was Alice's best friend for the most part. He was only 3 years older than her, but they were best pals. Their parents had died when she was only 12 and he took care of them. He was always there for her, she was always there for him. Until one night Alice arrived home from a friend's house, she usually comes home to the sound of the TV and Nate's friends watching it with him. Opening the door she yelled.

"Nate I'm home!" She threw her stuff onto the kitchen tablet and looked into the living room, no one. Looking around she walked to his bed room, the room was ruined. A clear sign of struggle. Running into the room she began to panic.

"Nate?!" She screamed. Blood stains were on the curtains and the bed. "Oh god, oh god" she cried crumpling onto the ground to her knees. Tears ran down steaming cheeks. She stood up and ran to the bath room she kicked the toilet, shattering the porcelain seat. She began to feel dizzy, falling she cut her arm on the shattered toilet.

Waking up the next day she coughed, she pulled her knees to her chest and cried. Nate was gone. Standing, she walked to her bed room and packed her clothes. Tears blurred her vision as she stuffed items in to a bag. She finished, noticing her arm she cleansed it and hurried out of the house.

Alice lived alone from them on out, she found an empty apartment and lived there. One this that didn't change was she never stopped looking for Nate. As the year pulled by she had grown closer to finding him, but barley. Every night she would dig through trash cans in search of good food, failing most every time. She used the ladder to get into her apartment, cause she wasn't allowed in it.

She had grown further and further away from civilization, from people who wanted to help. People she refused to work with. She only trusted herself, she was an outcast. She was different. But she wasn't going to stop until she found him. Nate.