Chapter 3

Alice scribbled words on to the paper and closed the notebook. She hopped off the stool and pushed it back under the table. Deciding to take a shower, she stripped and turned on the water. The hot water covered her bare skin making her feel safe.

She hopped out and dried off, rubbing a starchy towel through her thick hair. She dressed, throwing on some shorts and a oversized t-shirt. She walked to table and pocked up her phone, checking her messages before she sat down and the sofa and turned on the TV. She had just sat down, after a search for the remote, when there was a soft knock at the door.

Staring at the door, she heard loud footsteps running away. She got up and cautiously opened the door, outside was a small package. She crouched down and picked it up after looking down the hallways of the apartment. She stood up again and closed the door and walked to the table, pulled out the stood and began to open the package.

Carefully she untied the string covering the lumpy package. Pulling the brown paper back she saw a rock. With writing scribbled not eh side of it, something she couldn't read.

"What the..." She mumbled. "Stupid kids" she said throwing the rock into the trash. The rock crashed and broke open. And glowed... She turned around and ran to the trash can, pulling out a gem. She gaped and studied it.

She pulled out the rock again and tried desperately to make out the description on the rock. It... It was in a different language, or something. Alice squinted and rubbed it with her finger, it only smudged it. She groaned and put it down on the table.

She turned back to the gem and rushed to her note book she opened to the page with the gem and held her gem next to the gem on the picture. They were completely the same except the gem she had was tiny compared to the gem on the page. She sighed and turned back to the rock.

"I'm gonna go get you looked at..... tomorrow" she said silently.