Chapter 4

At five o'clock on the dot, the small fireplace in Ginny's living room roared to life as Luna stepped through the flames.

"Thank Merlin you're home!" Ginny came flying out of her room towards Luna. She had spent most of the day brooding about Draco's annoying little stunt and wanted answers. Since he decided to run off before giving anything away, Luna was the next best option. "I need the blow by blow, now!"  She grabbed her arm and pulled Luna to the living room couch; Ginny sat on the edge of her seat waiting for some information.

"Oh...well, it started out a little rough. The first go was just a mess, after the mating ritual the male was just in a horrible mood..." Luna kept talking as Ginny's head almost exploded. Mating.....ritual.....she had slept with Draco. She had slept with the Mal-ferret. She had slept with him....and she didn't even remember it..." but then the female put a stop to that and the male began throwing his food all around, it was rather messy but quite funny..."

"Wait...Draco was throwing food?" She knew he didn't have manners, but even that was a little overboard for him.

"Draco? No, my male nargels..why would Draco be throwing his food? I suppose if it was rather unsavory, but no, my male nargels" just over a year ago Luna had discovered the wizarding world's first Nargel, and she was currently working with the Ministry to breed them in a fully functioning habitat.

"Wait...wait....you were talking about your nargels?"

"Well yes, you asked for the blow by blow of my day. Most of my day was working with Nagel's " Ginny couldn't help but laugh, the anger she felt all day bursting out in the form of fits of laughter, she was quickly joined by Lunas soft giggles. Relief washed over her as she realized that she had not slept with Draco.

"No Luna," Ginny gasped between laughs "I need the blow by blow of last night the blow by blow with Draco!"

"Oh! That is rather funny!" Luna's laughter subsided "well, I was getting ready for bed when I heard our door open. You came running in from outside singing the Hungarian Horntail drinking anthem, you have a lovely voice by the way you should sing for an opera, and when you came to the part but let those horntails fly...." Luna began to sing the chorus of the song "and bring me another fire whiskey...that's when Draco came through the door singing oh let the Ogden's flow and bring me another fire whiskey. You were thoroughly sloshed."

"Ugh!" Ginny slumped down in her seat and covered her eyes "please, go on."

"So you both finished your song. You tried to get Draco to play Quidditch in the courtyard, but thankfully he was sober and refused to let you ride your broom..."

"Wait...wait....he was sober?" But then why did he stay the night? Why was he in her home? If he hadn't been drinking then why was he singing? Draco doesn't sing!

"Yes, he said he had just arrived at the Leaky Cauldron when he saw you nearly comatose at the bar about to go home with the bartender, and by the way Ginny, Peter Parkinson may have been cleared of charges, but that is not an excellent choice for a bedmate..."Luna paused to remove her cloak.

Ginny wasn't at the Cauldron, she was at the Green Light Stool, she was sober when she entered, she knew that's where she had been. Was Draco covering for her, he had said earlier that a man name Greeture was the bartender who tried to take her home, and he was not a bartender at the Leaky Cauldron. Why would Draco do that?

"But anyways," Luna returned to the couch to finish her story "you insisted that it was too late for Draco to go home, very kind of you might I add. When he tried to leave you placed the wards on our floo network and pushed him towards your room demanding the gentleman should take your bed, and you would take the couch. Of course, once he agreed, you passed out on the kitchen floor and here we are. Ginny....I won't pry, and I won't bring it up again, but he told me about Harry, and I'm sorry if you need to talk I am here. But, anyways want to get dinner?" Luna was clearly on to another subject, one of her many great qualities was her ability to forget others mishaps and move on. Ginny was extremely grateful that her best friend was so kind if it had been Hermoine she lived with she was sure there would be a lot more scolding and a lot less understanding. Although she was grateful she didn't have to tell Luna about Harry, she was more curious as to why Draco knew, if he did just find her drunk and drop her off then how the hell would he know?

"Umm thanks, but no," Ginny didn't have much of an appetite, for food at the moment. What she needed was explanations, and she didn't care if she had to curse them out of him, she was going to get them "I have to head into the lab for a bit, I'll see ya later"