All For Nothing

Someone came out of Chester's house when we came back and parked out in front of it. It was Samantha but she looked different. She immediately noticed the car and I signaled Phoenix to start it, not wanting to alert her.

"Wait!" She called just as we were about to take off. We paused. She didn't seem drunk. She came up to my side of the car and I rolled down the window. "Are you Mike?"

"We've met before." I informed her and she made a face.

"I can't say I remember that. I was quite drunk." She murmured and held her head. She must be sober and having a raging headache. I couldn't help but smile, perhaps she was on our side now.

"Yes, I'm Mike."

"Chester's in there. Sean's got him. And I'll do anything I can to help get him out." She said and I unlocked the doors to the car.

"Come on in, then. We can't sit here. Let's talk." I said and she climbed in the back and Phoenix started driving. 

"I'll come back later and I'm supposed to act drunk so don't be shocked by that if anything goes weird or crazy." She said and I turned to look at her. "I'm assuming you have a plan. You look like you have a plan."

"I do. Now that I think of it, you'd be a perfect addition to it." I said and she grinned. 

"What can I do?"

"Would you mind going in later and acting all crazy and distract Sean in a room furthest away from Chester? We'll sneak in through the back and get Chaz." I said and she nodded.

"Sounds perfect but the sooner the better, Sean was just waking up as I left. It'd be best if we did something now, before he can do anything to Chester." She said and I immediately said yes. I didn't want Sean to lay a hand on Chester. "We'll go back and give me about five minutes, then go through with your plan."

"Sounds perfect, let's go back, Phi." I suggested and he obeyed and turned around. We were back at the house and she stepped out. 

~

I opened my eyes a little to see Sean looking down at me. He lifted me by the shirt and pushed me back into the wall. I whined a little and had yelped in pain but it did nothing to stop him.

"I knew you were awake," He smiled and I tried shrinking away from him but he had me on hold. He pressed his body against mine and put his hands on my hips. I cried out as he began to grind into me but then the door opened, a man stepped in.

"Sean, pause." He said and I looked at the stranger. 

"Come on, Mark. I haven't had the chance to do anything since we got him." He whined and I caught the name. Mark Wakefield was in league with Sean? I suddenly had a bad feeling about Sam as she came into the room as well.

"M-Mark, hi. Wasn't expecting you..." She trailed off and looked to Sean, winking at him.

"They're here?" He asked and she nodded. They had a code for something? What was it?

"Who? Mike?" Mark asked and Samantha nodded again. My heart plummeted into my stomach and I raced to the nearest barred window and banged on it as hard as I could as I spotted Mike and Phoenix going across the yard but they didn't notice me.

"MIKE, NO!" I screamed and was pulled back by Sean and slammed against the wall again. I struggled as hard as I could but nothing would break me away from this situation. "What are you doing to us?!"

"Shh," Mark commanded and gestured Sam to follow him downstairs. Sean smiled at me and went back to what he was doing just before Mark came into the room. He pushed me onto the ground and sat on my waist. I cried out and tried to push him off but I was powerless.

"Chester!" I heard Mike yell. He must've heard me cry out. I tried again to push Sean off but my attempts did nothing. Sean put his hand over my mouth.

~

"Chester!" I yelled after I heard Chester cry out. Was Sam not distracting Sean like she promised she would? Phoenix took off in front of me but fell to the ground as two figures appeared from around the corner. They had hit him over the head with a lamp and he wasn't moving. It was Samantha and Mark. "Mark...?"

"Hi, Mike." He greeted me warmly and stepped over Phoenix. He looped my arm in his and looked to Samantha before looking back to me. "Let's talk."

"Where's Chester?" I immediately asked as he guided me into the living room. I took a look around and noticed the place was full of pictures that weren't there the last time I was here. There were pictures covering the walls completely and they were of the band ever since Chester joined. Most of them were pictures of us. "What's going on?"

"After I left, I wanted back in but I was already replaced. I remember you promising me I could come back whenever but when I talked to the other guys about it, they said no. I ran into Sean and Sam. They were following your new vocalist around and we chatted. We decided we'd get what we wanted by working together."

"Go fuck yourself! You can't come back and they can't take Chester!" I sneered and tried to sit up but he gestured to sit back down. I calmly did, hoping this was all just my sick imagination.

"Remember how close we used to be, Mike? We were best friends." He reminded me and I nodded.

"Yeah, we were. But I love Chester and you betrayed us anyway. You left, you get to stay out of our lives." 

"Don't act so irrationally, Mikey. You don't want him in the band anyway. He does drugs! I'm completely clean."

"Are you really?! I feel like you must be on something fucked up in order to be acting this way." I countered and he shook his head.

"Oh, Mikey. You just don't want anyone to be happy."