In The End - Final

I grabbed a couple bottles of water from the fridge, pausing momentarily to look at the gold ring around my finger. How did I ever get so lucky? I went back to the studio and sat down on the couch next to Mike, handing him a water. I gave him a small smile, which he returned and put an arm around my shoulder. I leaned into his touch and listened to Rob record the drum instrumental to our new song we've been writing called What I've Done.

I remember the day Mike and I got married as if it was yesterday. We had just released our first album, Hybrid Theory, and we made enough money for a perfect little wedding amongst just the band and Sam. It was fantastic. Mike was just as handsome as he always was and still is. It was a perfect day. We had started writing our second album after that, Meteora, and now we're on our third, Minutes To Midnight, or something like that. We haven't confirmed it yet.

A soft knock broke me out of my thoughts and I went to the door. Samantha came in and Rob just finished recording. Everyone gathered to where Mike and I were.

"Hey, Sam." I greeted her warmly and she smiled. She was holding a newspaper and looked incredibly happy.

"Hi, Ches. I have great news." She said excitedly and I sat down back next to Mike, waiting for her to continue. "I finished going to rehab! I've been sober for about six years!"

"Sam! That's so amazing! I'm so happy for you!" I said happily and stood again to hug her tightly. I had gone to rehab for about six months after everything stopped and also saw a therapist. I knew how fantastic it was to finally be able to push that chapter of your life away.

"And..." She pulled away and handed me a newspaper. I opened it and saw the front page. I immediately gasped and turned, enveloping Mike into a huge hug. He laughed and gripped me back tightly. I pulled away and showed the paper to him.

"He's in jail! They're in jail!" I cheered and the other guys looked slightly confused.

"Whom?"

"Mark and Sean! Sean killed someone in a drug deal and has life, while Mark got dragged down with him!" I said excitedly, although feeling pained by the fact that someone's life had been taken. Mike picked me up and my legs circled his waist. My arms were just above his shoulders and I hugged him tightly, my head resting on his as he spun us around.

"This is amazing, Chaz!" Mike said, stopping to set me down. He leaned in and captured my lips. His were always somewhat rough but I kept mine soft just to contradict. I felt the warmth of his body come towards mine and after the kiss broke, we hugged again, my head resting on his chest.

"You guys are so cute, though I'll admit it's weird seeing someone kissing the guy who used to be my husband." Samantha laughed and I smiled at her.

"What are you going to do now that you're out of rehab?" I asked her, letting Mike go but he still had hold of my hand. I gave him a soft smile.

"Hopefully do what I wanted to do since I was a girl. Make a family." 

"Never forget you have one here if you ever need us." Mike spoke up and I was simply joyous by his invite. I was glad they never had anything against each other. 

"I should be fine, don't worry, I won't invade." She winked at us and checked the time. "Oh, I have work. Bye, guys. See you around." 

"Bye, Sam." I said and she left. When I turned to Mike, he was staring deeply at me. "What is it?"

"How did I ever get so lucky to have you?" He asked. I blushed and looked to the floor, shrugging. He brought my head back up to look at his eyes. "When Mark left us, I thought the band was over. I thought I'd never find anyone good enough, let alone marry that person. I'm so happy I was wrong."

"Me too," I giggled and he broke into a grin.

"You're so cute."

"So I've been told." I winked and he picked me up, hanging my body over his shoulder, an arm around my waist. "Hey!"

"Bye, guys!" Mike shouted.

"Bye!" They said back in their own way. Mike continued to carry me out of the building. I couldn't ask for a better life.

~

End.

~

Author's Note: It's so sad to me to think it's over after that last 'goodbye'. Sometimes when I finish stories, I feel like their personalities and characters just died and it saddens me to a great extent, although these personalities can be found throughout their characters in other fics. Sorry I made this somewhat odd.

Anyway, I can't believe how long this took to finish. I wish I could've made it longer and better but it's time to end it. Honestly, this is my least favorite fanfiction I've wrote on Wattpad, but I wouldn't take it away from my account for anything. (Well, except my very own Chester but what wouldn't I trade for that?)

Thank you so much to those who commented, especially DucksFan1015, and I hope you all enjoyed the ending, although it was quite short. After I finish Missed Call, I'll be posting a new story so I hope you stick around for it.

Thank you again for sticking to the end,

~BSkyeSoldier