Chapter Three

**vote, comment, share and follow**
Thanks loves!!
------------------------------

By the time Friday rolled around, I was sick of work and people. I needed a vacation, but where would I go? No where. I had to go to the bank after work, since I had gotten paid. I needed to pay off some loans and bills. I would go visit my dad after that. I pulled into the bank and found Mr. Gold who handles my financials. He sat me down and pulled up my information.
"That's strange." He typed a few things and made a phone call. "So, Miss. Carter, it's seems your loans have been paid off." He furrowed his eyebrows: I was confused.
"That's impossible. Last month I had a balance of $49,560 left to pay." I spoke astonished. I couldn't believe what happened. Could it have been a mistake?
"It says here that a transfer from A Mr. Bradley Mayor paid off the remaining balance." He leaned back in his chair. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Why would he do that? I didn't want his money. I had to handle it immediately. I didn't take charity cases. I thanked Mr. Gold and left out to where Bradley's house was. I rang the door bell and a maid answered the door and ushered me inside. I sat in the living room waiting for the jackass himself to appear.
"Hello, Belle." I heard Bradley say from the of the staircase.
"So help me. Tell me you didn't pay off my debt!" I cried out. He made it to the bottom and smiled.
"I may have, why is there a problem?" He asked
"Yeah! I'm perfectly capable of making the payments myself. I didn't need your pity. I'm a grown, independent woman." He continued to get closer but stayed at a comfortable distance.
"I know that, but after being such a dick to you. You deserve it." Was he actually being nice? No, he couldn't be!
"And the catch is....." I urged. He came a smidge closer to grab my hands. I wanted to rip them away, but they felt oddly comforting.
"There is no catch. I genuinely feel bad about what I did." He smiled. And I felt my heart mummer. Why would my heart flutter? This is the asshole who thought he knew me! Why would I fell that way?!
"So no catch?" I verified. I slowly unraveled my hands from his.
"Well.............. Now that you mention it, I would like to have dinner with you." He adverts his gaze to the window. I was shocked, partially because he wanted to eat with me and the other was the fact he STILL wanted to eat with me. I wanted to go but I also didn't. I finally squeaked out, "okay."
"Oh really? You said yes!" He spoke confused. He seemed less confident than the other days. I wonder what happened? "How about I come get you at by and get you at 7?" He asked. I nodded and told him goodbye and left to see my father. I suddenly remembered why my father was in that nursing home, again. John mayor.