Chapter Nine

"Bella, please, try and breathe. It's okay to be confused. And it's okay to have a sexual thoughts and actions." Abi tried to soothe me. I had been beating myself up over what had happened last night for days. I was that girl who had only had sex with one guy ever and didn't give blow jobs or experiment with different positions. "You need to get  laid, sugar." I gasped

"I need to what!" I shrieked. I jumped off the bed and walked into my kitchen.

"L-A-I-D. Like a hook up. Having se-" I cut in.

"I know what it means." I rolled my eyes and looked through my empty cabinets that contained no food. I turned to sit on the couch.

"Just saying. You'd feel better if we went out to a bar and you got with someone. It'd relieve some of that sexual tension you have built up. And you wouldn't think of that Bradley Mayor ever again." Abi suggested. I had to admit it sounded dumb, but not completely stupid. I mean I really needed to just get drunk and live some life.

"There's a great club that's really high end, called cloud nine. It's downtown." I offered. Abi lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Is that a yes!" She smiled widely. I nodded and she began chanting some dumb song. We headed to my room and I through on a tight black mini dress, laced up high heels, and applied dramatic make up with red lipstick. My brown hair cascaded down my back, well I definitely showed some sex appeal. Abi was wearing a tight black, leather mini skirt and a black crop top. She wore high black heels that were studded with spikes. My goal for the night was to end all things and sew all my wild oats. Then I would be right back to my responsible self. I had to take care of my dad, he cared for me so I needed to care for him. I had visited him earlier that day and sat to enjoy his company. I always worried he didn't enjoy mine. Regardless he made my day special and I loved him for that.

A little later that night Abi and I arrived outside of the Cloud Nine. It was a high end bar, but well worth the expense. A couple of my clients had told me about that club and how amazing it was. Abi and I stepped into the dimmed, strobing, swear filled open space. We found a leather love seat to sit ourselves on.

"Now what?" I asked curiously.

"We wait." And that's just what we did. We had a line of guys coming to sit and chat with us. I had plenty of alcohol in my system to fill a lifetime, which was way more than would ever need. This one blond guy, Aaron, kept flirting with me and I 100% sure we would be leaving together that night. But as the night drug on it was all a blurry haze. It was a guy, making out, he drove me home, I remember my clothes being slid off, his amazing smell, the sweat, the passionate sex, but the face was a blur, just blank.

------------------------------------
What is that god awful sound. I cried. Fucking hangovers. My phone was ringing and I blindly grabbed the phone in the direction the sound came from.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Hello, this Amanda Sanders, from the nursing home. I'm calling in regards to your father. He was evacuated this morning at about 4 o'clock. He has the local hospital. You are his emergency contact..." My eyes shot open. I took in the surrounding remembering the familiar room setting I dropped my phone and jumped off the bed. I just had two conclusions: one, my dad is in the hospital. Two, I had slept with Bradley Mayor. This couldn't be happening. I through my clothes back on and collected my remaining things, not even bothering to put my shoes. I noticed Bradley wasn't in the bedroom. I didn't care. I needed to see my dad. I ran down the cascading stairs towards the door.

"Elle?" I heard Bradley call from the kitchen. I turned dismayed. I saw his confused look.

"I'll call you later, but I've got to see my dad he's in the hospital." I turned and didn't bother calling a taxi or driver. I ran all the way to the road. I heard him calling my name but i refused to listen. I didn't know what to make of my emotions. I wasn't 100% certain I would even call him. I made it to where I could reach a taxi. I had just enough money to reach the hospital. As soon as I payed I ran through the ER so distraught a few nurses had to sit me down and get me to tell them who I was looking for. As soon as they heard the name they froze.

"Miss. Carter. I'm sorry to inform you but your father passed not shortly after he got here to the hospital. We did all we could. I'm really sorry. Can I get you anything?" A nurse talked. I wasn't sure I could hear her correctly. I was overcome with tears. I just wanted my dad back. He was all I had left. I had lost everyone and he was all that kept me going. What was life without my dad.

I didn't remember ever coming home, but I laid on my bed with Abi asleep in the chair next to me. I cried for what felt like days. From the day it happened to the viewing to the funeral to the week after. My days were only tears that all they were. I was asked by the nursing home to come and retrieve his personal belongings. So I went up to the nursing home and sorted through his clothes, books (I kept all of them) and other items. I had come across a shoe box under his bed. It was feel of letters. They were wrote to me with the dates on them. He had wrote all of his feelings down on them and all the things he could voice to me. All that time I had thought he could on process information coming in but he could still voice it too. I sat the whole day on his bed reading all the letter that were now tear stained. I knew now my dad did love me back.