Ch 14

WARNING: Mature themes and references!

//

At this point, I can feel my nerves trying to burst out of my skin, and there's a sinking feeling making a nice home in the pit of my stomach.

Never have I ever, imagined I'd be in this situation right now.

And never have I ever...just, fuck.

//

"...a fucking drink, you liar!"

"Wait! So you drink if you have, right?" Dinah asks, even though we've gone through this at least ten times.

"Stop stalling, and drink!"

Dinah flashes her middle finger up at Normani, before taking a long sip of her drink, while the rest of us are cheering at her confirmation.

She slams her drink onto the table and adds, "You're all dirty, dirty liars, I can't be the only one who's watched porn with someone else!"

Lauren points at Dinah, and says, "No no, the question was, never have I ever, watched porn with someone else, whilst having sex!"

"Whatever, Lern! I know you and Mila have done some freaky shit--"

"DJ!" I shout, trying to quiet her from divulging any further.

Dinah gives both Lauren and I some good-natured cut eye, before leaning back on her seat. She smacks her lips, then starts, "Never have I ever, had sex on my friend's bed, without their knowledge."

My mouth drops open, and Dinah's giving me a very satisfied, evil look.

Lauren's already reaching for her drink, and does me a favour, by handing me my own.

"I can't believe you!" I say to Dinah, taking a sip.

Normani starts laughing out loud, and Ally's looking shocked, so she asks, "Hey, whose bed, you guys?"

I glance over at Lauren, whose trying not to laugh, and I look back at Ally, whose eyes are slowly bugging out.

"You. Did. Not!" Ally exclaims behind her hand, continuing, "Oh my god! When?"

Normani slides over to Ally, placing both of her hands over her ears, saying, "Shhhhh...just pretend you didn't hear that, dear."

Ally's mouth works overtime, opening and closing, as she processes the information.

Watching them, I realize all of a sudden, that I'm actually having fun.

We're almost an hour into this drinking game, and the questions are just starting to heat up.

The initial rounds were all fairly lowkey, and I know the really embarrassing questions are queuing up as we speak.

I don't even feel nervous anymore, or bothered about Nikki being there, because everyone seems to have loosened up, and it almost feels like we've all been friends all along.

Of course, it probably helps that we also have a new person in the circle, breaking up some of the tension.

Will's new boy toy, Elliott-- correction, Elle, as he likes to be referred to, has as many filters, as he does fucks, which easily equates to zero.

Elle slams his shot glass on the table, and shouts, "Okay, you nasty bitches, my turn!"

Nikki pokes him on the side, gesturing for him to settle down, but he swats her hand away like it's nothing.

It turns out that Elle is Nikki's best friend, and that's how he and Will met. Their friendship reminds me a lot of Dinah and I.

I can tell Nikki's a little bit embarrassed, and I try to ignore the fact that I find it sort of adorable.