Chapter Eleven - I Swear It.

heyyoooo read the Author's Note at the end of this chapter when you get to it - some important information!

"What are you doing?" I put down my phone and looked at Ben.

"Taking a selfie, is that alright with you?" He just laughed and went back to writing frantically on his notepad.

"Babe, play that one song. What's it called?" Denis asked. He looked so cute when he couldn't remember something. That's weird. I'm stupid. Everything he does is cute. I looked around, still sort of amazed to be in Ben's house. I'd seen it in so many videos and pictures on Instagram and what not. It was very cosy and warm, with log cabin like walls, and black leather couches. Directly in front of us was a large screen door to go outside, into the massive 'back yard'. It was the size of nearly two football fields, and whenever I thought about it I thought about that adorable video of Denis from his Instagram where he's riding around a dirt bike there. To our right were stairs against the wall leading up to the second floor, and a tall lamp in the corner at the end. Left was another hallway, in their maze of a house.

"This one?" Instead of playing the song I intended, as soon as I opened the music app on my phone, the song I was listening to last started play. Dancing on nails, by We Are Harlot.

"Turn it off." Ben commanded, before the words to the song even started. I shut it off as quickly as I could, feeling like a cunt.

"Traitor!" Cam called jokingly, and everyone laughed, but I couldn't help but feel like Ben was still mad at me.

"Oops?"

"Just play the right song." I played All To Myself but Marianas Trench, the one Denis wanted first. They were talking about gang vocals on the new album, and I'd been listening to the song in the car wherever we went. But my car radio was fucked up, so you could only hear the music and the backing vocals, instead of the whole track. All the guys were over at Ben's house, working on stuff for the new album. It was my one day off a week from working out like a maniac, so I mainly hung around with Sam and Brandi.

"Okay this." I nearly swooned when Denis sang his idea.

"Yeah." Ben agreed.

"Okay Leda do it." Denis commanded, looking up at me. I sat on the arm of the couch beside Denis who was sitting properly with one of Ben's guitars on his lap, even though none of the conversation had been about guitars even remotely.

"What?"

"Sing it. We need your help. Just do what I did."

"That's like asking me to walk on water."

"Just, it's easy."

"Yeah, see I'd love to help you, and all, but, um, I have a throat infection, so like, I can't." I coughed for affect.

"You do not. Cause if you had a throat infection I would have a throat infection." Denis said simply. I sighed and did the notes. "See? Perfect."

"You're such a good liar." I smiled.

"Okay. Do it with Ben when I start." Denis started singing and Ben started taking off his pants. Denis stopped and everyone looked at Ben. "What are you doing?"

"Well you said 'do it with Ben' so..."

"Sing, not sex. You horny fuck." Girl Sam laughed.

"Right." Ben buttoned his pants again and sat down. After we ran through the chorus I kept singing to myself - an acoustic version of A Prophecy.

"Wait. Are you singing-" Ben looked at me curiously

"Nope." I stopped quickly and went on my phone.