Chapter 2

I walk back upstairs, I see the sun rising out of the large hole in the wall. Thanks Jack, I really appreciate you bringing a giant in. I see the castle I was in last night in the distance. The pink and orange light turns the ivory walls into a light red with hints of pink and orange. My boots clomp against the stone stairs and I see Goldyve and Alice walking and talking together. See someone's had a relaxing night.

Goldyve's wearing a slightly dark red tank top dress with drop sleeves that show her shoulders. There's a black belt that cinches her waist. Alice is wearing a light blue dress with a ruffled collar and a belt cinching the waist just a little. I rub my eyes and stretch my arms. Goldyve walks towards me, looking a tad bit angry.

"Can you clarify with everyone around here that I'm not a Princess?"

"You aren't?" my eyes widen at the question. "The announcer said-"

"In my Empire, royalty is determined by fighting. The better fighter you are, the more you're high up in the royal chain. I won the championship, and the royals thought I performed so well that they welcomed me into the royal family."

"I'm just going to pretend that I have the attention span for that right now..." I yawn, "But I'll tell everybody, though I highly doubt that they'll stop calling you a Princess." she groans and Alice pouts.

"It's not the end of the world, now is it?" Alice folds her arms with her blonde hair spilling over them in a curly wave of light blonde.

"You're right, it's not." Goldyve sighs. I hear the clopping of horses hooves, Gretel and Hansel are back most likely. I walk tiredly down the stairs and put on my best 'wide awake look'. I jump off the stairs and land on the balls of my feet. It sends a chill running through my veins. I open the doors and see the twins dismounting their horses.

Gretel has her silver crossbow swung over her shoulder. She steps off her black horse, it has a thick mane and red eyes. Her hair's in a frizzy braid that drapes over her left shoulder. Gretel's outfit isn't her normal attire, strange... Her green leather jacket has a corseted waist strung with brown strings. Her shirt underneath is a dark brown and a cream colored ruffled color. Her leggings are black leather, and her knee-high boots are the same material.

Hansel looks at her and isn't happy, she most likely stole those clothes. It seems like the most likely explanation. He adjusts his black leather jacket and signs something to her. It's their special way of talking without me hearing. Gretel rolls her eyes and turns on her heel towards me. She plasters on a fake smile and clasps her hands.

"Mission complete, I assume?" I grunt while folding my arms.

"Someone seems cranky. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Gretel sneers. I shoot her my death glare then she immediately stops laughing.

"Actually, I didn't get any sleep."

"We finished our mission, Snow." Hansel consoles while signing at Gretel. He's most likely telling her to hold her tongue. "You go get some rest." he nods towards my room. I'm still surprised as to how he knows where it is.

I trudge my way up the stairs and to my room. It's at the very end of the tower. I pass Morgan's room, and I hear her humming. I stop right outside the room so I can hear. She starts to sing.

"Hush, Child, The darkness will rise from the deep, And carry you down into sleep

Child, the darkness will rise from the deep, And carry you down into sleep.

Guileless son, I'll shape your belief, And you'll always know that your father's a thief, And you won't understand the cause of your grief, But you'll always follow the voices beneath.