Death and Sleepovers Part Two

Author's Note:

Quick warning for those who need it: this chapter has some gross details because two people currently have festering wounds. I'm not going to do any more warnings for gross stuff (for the most part), but I'll do trigger warnings if I need to.

My birthday was a week or two ago, and I have my permit now, so that's cool. Life is cool.

I HAVE A NEW COVER! It's the final one, for sure. Photo and edit creds to the perfection that is Forestflicker. Honestly, it's just spectacular, and I'm jealous of her skill. The photo above is taken my me and edited by her, and it was the other option.

Also: Shoutout to Reading_and_Coffee for commenting twice on this chapter within the thirty seconds it was accidentally published.

(Sorry this is so close to silversnowleopard 's update, I didn't plan it, but I had to post it now.)

So here's a traumatizing chapter to get you through finals week.

Jess was gone to get Jane, so I was left alone with my sleeping, dying friend.

The first thing I did was take his glasses off. They had a huge crack down one lens now. He looked idiotic, falling asleep with his glasses on. Actually, it's more likely he passed out with them on.

The second thing that I did was get as close to him as I could without moving him. I put my head on his shoulder. I was quite thankful for the extra body heat and the fire. It was a cold night.

I waited until Jess returned, carrying Jane like a baby, to fall asleep. Jane's blood-stained jacket was now on her properly for warmth, and her scarf was wrapped around her head to help with the bleeding, which had gone down considerably.

Once Jess had set her down safely, I nooked into his shoulder and fell asleep.

My morning started when I hit the forest floor.

I groaned.

Leo had woken up, and found me on his shoulder. He had then used all of his might to shove me off of him.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"Wren? Oh my god, it's you!" he exclaimed.

"No shit, Sherlock."

I am not a morning person.

I looked around to check out the scenery in daylight. Jane was still sleeping on a tree across from me, and Jess seemed to be out on a supply run of some sort.

"...and we ran and I got shot and passed out for a long time and then you were here," Leo finished.

"What? Sorry."

"Jess is Jamie's twin, and she was being held captive by the people," he started over.

"The people?" I asked.