The Beginning

"Can't believe it's another year in this hoe." Monique stated as she pulled up to the school.

Her best friend, Courtney said, "Same here."

They had met over the summer when Courtney had moved all the way from Nevada. The only reason they moved to New York is because her and her mom were tired of the same ol same ol. 

As they got out of the

"I don't know. But I don't wanna deal with too many bitches. They always starting drama.", Courtney said.

"You speak the truth girl! Preach!", Monique said.

"Girl, let's go to the office to get the schedule before we're late for class.", Courtney said.

"Aight. Let's go.", Monique said.

When they got to class, Monique greeted some of her friends from last year and introduced Courtney to  them.

"They seem nice so far.", Courtney said.

"That's the first day of school for you. Watch what's gonna happen tomorrow.", Monique said.

"Hey Monique.", someone said behind them.

"Oh hey Chris.", Monique said when she turned around.

"Who's your friend?", Chris asked. 

"That's Courtney. She moved here over the summer.", Monique replied.

"Hey. Welcome to Eleanor Roosevelt High", Chris said to Courtney.

"Hey.", Courtney said.

Then Chris left. "Why, of all the girls, why did he talk to me?!", Monique asked herself out loud.

"Why are you saying that?", Courtney asked.

"Because we used to go out. He said that he loved me and shit. Said he would never cheat on me. Next thing you know my other best friend, Mercedes said that he was going out with the bitch of the school, Latoya. So long story short, I broke up with him.", Monique said.

"Girl, I ain't mad. You did your thing to get him away.", Courtney said.

"Just make sure that you-" Monique said.

"Sorry, I'm late, class. There was traffic on the highway as usual.", the teacher said as she walked in the classroom." I will be your homeroom teacher for the year. My name is Ms. Wilkins. Oh, and wherever you are sitting right will be your seat for the rest of the year until I move you., She said.

"I can't wait for the year to be over. I can already tell there is gonna be more drama with bitches I don't like.", Monique said.

"Word. I can't wait.", Courtney said.

For the rest of the day Monique and Courtney were not in the same classes, but when lunch came, Monique was ready to call it a day. And Courtney couldn't wait to find out what the rest of the day would be like.

"What a day. I wanna go home now, get under my covers, and take a nap. I am beat!" Monique said.

"Girl, I am the opposite of that. So far, 5 guys were tryna hit on me. But I turned them all down.", Courtney said.

"That's my girl. Never, ever let these guys take you under their wing. Let's just say the last time a girl got pregnant from one of the boys here was last year. No one ever heard from her again. Nobody knows which school she transferred to or where she lives now. It's just sad."

"Word. Speaking of boys, what were you gonna say to me before Ms.Wilkins walked in? 

"I was gonna say just make sure that you don't have sex with any of these boys. Because if you do, you lose your respect as a person, student, etc. And your baby daddy gonna leave you for someone else. So don't fall for their charms, and if you don't wanna have no baby daddy at the end of high school, then do what I said." Monique said.

"Girl thanks. I ain't know that shit happen here too.", Courtney said.

"Hey. It's what I do.", Monique said.

"Especially watch out for Chris. He will make sure you do it with him. It's like his mission or something.", Monique said.

"So is that all I have to know about the guys at this school? I just wanna be sure." Courtney asked.

"That's it. And if there's anything bothering you, you can talk to me. You can't trust most of these bitches here. They will sell you out.", Monique replied.