Over At Chris's House

Chris's POV

It's after school and Courtney is at my house right now. I just want to hear what Monique said about me. Whether it's good or bad, I just wanna know what Monique thinks of me. Because if Courtney gives me something, at least I can stop dragging Monique up the stairs. Monique never gave me an explanation as for why she doesn't trust me. I want her to know that she can trust me. But if she can't, I guess I'll move on.

Courtney's POV

Well, I guess Chris wants to hear Monique's side.

"So, you want me to start?", I said.

"Sure."

"So, what Monique told me is that you cheated on her with someone else and that she don't trust you no more. But I don't know why."

"You and her don't undertstand. It all started when I was assigned to Latoya for the science project last year. I suggested she come to my house to work on the project. She was fine with it. So after school, we go to my house. I open the door. I call for my parents and they're not there. So I tell her to get started. Then, she pushes me on the couch and starts kissing me. I tried to push her off, but after a while, I gave up. That was when Monique came and opened the door. Then she saw me and her kissing. She said 'Fuck you" and then slammed the door. Then I figured that Latoya wanted to fuck and I wasn't up for that shit, since her boyfriend Jeremy Sparks-

"Wait. Did you say Jeremy Sparks?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Me and him were homies. Until he moved from Nevada. He called a month later telling me that he had a girlfriend. You can continue."

"Ok. So Jeremy broke up with Latoya over some shit, and she been hitting on me ever since."

"So how come you never told her that," Courtney said.

"She never wanted to hear me out."

So how are you gonna be able to tell her if she don't want to hear you?"

"That's the problem. So I was hoping maybe you could tell her."

"I don't know. If I do, then she might not think of you the same, but I don't think that will change her mind."

"Oh. Never thought of it that way"

"I know. Anyway, I have to go. When can we finish up on this?", Courtney asked.

"Friday, after school."

"Ok. See you then.", Courtney said.

Courtney's POV

 So me and Chris talked over why Monique keeps putting her guard up everytime she sees Chris. I mean I don't understand, but she has her reasons. And Chris isn't actually the bad person Monique describes. He sounds desperate (and I think he is) to win her heart back. But if she's like this to him for the rest of her life, I don't think he can wait that long. To me, it makes no sense. Cause I would've accpeted the apolgy and still kept it going. But I don't think that's going to be possible for Monique, cause she's not a easy forgiving person. Oh well, we'll see what happens.