Moving Forward, Forgetting The Past

Courtney's POV

 I could tell Monique was really stressed about the Chris and her thing, and all she wanted to do was get away from that, move on. But I don't want to see my friend stressed out. I mean it's only been one week of school and they haven't even started to give out tests. So imma think of something to cheer her up. In the mean time, Chris has to stop checking me out. It's like every time I see him, I'm living my worst nightmare. It's like he's after me or something, I don't even know. I just avoid contact with him. And now he's walkin towards me. 

"Hey Courtney.", Chris said.

"Will you just get straight to the point?", I said.

"You're exactly like Monique. Except more feisty. I like that. Anyway, will you go on a date with me? I want to get to know you more, since you always tryna avoid me and shit."

"No. In a couple of days, I'm going back to Nevada."

"Oh that's too sad. Want me to come with you?"

"No! What don't yo ass understand, I'm trying to get away from you. You get on my damn nerves, and I'm sick and tired of it. Now why don't you talk to one of your girls or something. I gotta go."

Then I left.

I don't understand. Does he like me or not? Because if he does, I don't know what to do. Oh well, I guess I'll tell Monique about it. But I know she won't be happy.

Couple Of Days Later

I'm in Nevada. So far so good. I told Monique that I was leaving. She told me she was going to miss me a lot. Everyone's happy to see me, even John. But he's been acting weird. I ask him can I come to his house and he says no. Like I used to go to his house all the time. Maybe he's just doing a project. He doesn't like anyone to bother him when he does one.

So I'm walking home from the store when I see a car with a bow on top in the driveway. I walk into the house to see on the coffee table car keys with a note. Being the sneaky person I am, I opened the note. It read 'For you my baby girl, Courtney'.

I ran outside to see my new car. I was jumping up and down shouting and shit. I was happy as fuck. In my mind I was like 'I can't believe I got a new car!'. Then out of nowhere, all my friends and family popped out and said "Suprise!". I ran to my mom and said thank you like a million times.

"Your welcome. Take it for a test drive. We'll be here waiting."

Then before I went into it my mind was like 'My new BMW. My new BMW. My new BMW.'

Since I didn't see John there, I went to his house. Once I parked my car, I ran from my car to his house. I rang the doorbell.   Then I opened the door (since the door was open.) "Baby I got a new-" I said before I realized what was happening. All I saw was him and this girl fucking on the couch. First I broke them two up, then I slapped the bitch and then started punching her. She tried to punch me back, but she missed and I kept on punching. Then after a minute of straight punching her, I stopped. I stepped back and checked my work. She had two black eyes, nose was bleeding, and all over her arms were black and blue marks.

"Why the fuck were you fucking with that hoe?"

"Damn baby, don't get so mad. You know I still love you."

"Nigga if you still loved me, you wouldn't be fucking that bitch." 

"Baby don't leave me. I'm sorry." 

"No. It's over. Bye."

I got back in my car and drove home. On the way, I was blasting 'Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe" through my speakers. Blasting music really helps me calm down.