A Lesson Learned

Courtney's POV

I never knew that there were so many untrusted bitches in my new school. Except for my girl, Monique. You can tell her anything and she wouldn't dare tell a soul. That's what I like about her the most. Most of the girls in my other school were a piece of work. Of course, I put them in check. And just because I'm new don't mean I'm not gonna put a bitch in check cause I will. Anyway moving on. About what I said earlier, I can't believe I didn't take Monique's words to heart. You see, what had happened was I was walking down the street, just minding my own business, when I saw Chris. I could already tell he was trouble.

"Hey, Courtney.", he said.

"Hi.", I said.

"I see you don't talk much do you?", he said.

"Yeah, I don't. So if you don't mind, I'm trying to go home. Bye.", I said.

"Oh no you don't." he said

The next thing he did was grab my arm really tight, dragged me to the end of the sidewalk, and kissed me. I mean, he kissed me! I tried to push him off me, but he pulled me back to him. 

"You liked, didn't you?", Chris asked.

"No I didn't!", I said, pushing him off me.

"You know you did.", he said.

"No I didn't. All I'm tryna do is go home. What are you trying to do, get me to be your girlfriend? Because I won't.", I said.

"Oh, but you will. You see, all the girls here love me. And I know you do too.", he said.

"Nigga please. I already have a boyfriend. So bye." 

And with that, I walked right past him.

Then someone popped out of the bushes.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!", I screamed.

"Shhh. It's me, girl."

"Do I know you?"

"Yeah you do. It's me, Imani. The girl that sit behind you in history class."

"Oh hey Imani. Girl you scared the fuck outta me!"

"I saw what happened between you and Chris. Don't worry, I won't tell."

"Thank you girl. I don't need the whole school knowing that shit."

"Don't mention it."

Then I kept walking home. The next day I walked into school, everybody was looking at me and shaking their heads. I could already tell that bitch told. Oh well, now it's time to prove myself innocent.

When I walked to Monique, she just stared at me in shock. 

"What?", I said.

"Oh nothing. Just a little someone told me that you and Chris kissed.", she said.

"First of all, whoever the fuck told you didn't get they facts straight. He grabbed me and kissed me. I then pushed him off me and then he talkin bout some 'Imma be his girl' and shit like that and I was like 'No I'm not because I already have a boyfriend'. Then I walked away. "

 "Oh. Okay. I just thought that-"

"It's okay. There's nothing to worry about. By the way, I thought you didn't like him anyway."

Monique's POV

I thought that she did kiss Chris. Cause I don't like people that do shit like that with him. It's like I still have feelings for that guy. But I don't want to have feelings for him. He cheated on me with that bitch Latoya. It all started when I went to his house. I open the door (I have keys to his house) and I see him kissing Latoya on the couch. Long story short, it was over. I ran home crying. Sad thing is they still go out. I ain't try to work it out cause if he cheated on me once, he would cheat on me again. That's how it was with boys. Every time I go out with one of them, they cheat on me once, they cheat on me again. So I vowed to myself that I would never go out with boys again, no matter how cute they are or how hard they gon' try to hit on me.

"I don't."

"Okay. Whatever you say."

The whole day was good except for people still looking at Courtney and shaking their heads. But she kept on walking like they weren't even there. I can tell that she don't let things get to her that easy. But Chris tried to talk to her, and she just pushed him and kept walking to her 2nd period class. 

"Hey girl. Imma have to talk to you later. This nigga tryna get with me"., Courtney said.

"Okay. Later girl.", I said.

"Hey, Monique.", Chris said.

"What the fuck do you want from me nigga? I ain't got all day." I said.

"Damn bitch. I only wanted to say hi. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Nothin nigga. Now can you get the fuck outta my way? I gotta go to class." 

Next thing I know, I'm being dragged upstairs by this nigga. Now imma be late for class. I try to get his hand off my wrist, but it's a tight grip, so all I do is wait for him to stop dragging me.

"Like I said what the fuck do you want from me nigga? I ain't got all day." I say when we get to the top of the stairs.

"You know what happened between me and Latoya was not meant to be. You know that I still love you and I want you to give me another chance.", he said.

"You already know the answer to that question. I thought you said we weren't gonna talk about this shit again. I'm getting sick and tired of this."

 Ever since I found out he kissed Latoya, he's been dragging me upstairs to the top stairway. And when I saw them kissing, it looked like he was enjoying it.

"Please, babe. I need you back in my life again."