Chapter 8 (part 2)

I sat on the sofa, again. Waiting on one of them to tell me the story of my parents. Finally, Ed spoke up.

"Okay. Well, your mother, was the child of, Mary, and John. She was taught not to mingle with demons, or bad angels. Well, when she was around fifteen, she decided to rebel, against her parents. She met up with a demon, by the name, of Salem. When she met him, she instantly fell in love. They dated for awhile, and they decided it was time. They forgot once to use protection, your mother got pregnant with you. Your dad was there the entire time. When she had you, she died, while giving birth. Your father couldn't keep you, because you looked to human. His family wouldn't except you. You were dropped off at the home, and he was gone."

"So just like that, he left?"

He nodded. "This story is like really well, known. Even mortals, know about it."

"Everyone thought he had killed the baby," Kellin said, "No one ever heard about you, again. "

"Well, what am I? Angel? Demon? What?"

"You are a half-breed. Better known as an Angmon." Ed said. "You are the first one."

I looked at him, for a moment. I looked at the ground. I closed my eyes, and reached for him hand. He took my hand in his, and held on tight. I cleared my mind, and focused on hiding my new features. I felt my back, go loose, and my nails get shorter. I squeezed his hand tighter as I felt the features disappear.

"Ed? Is it gone? Am I normal?"

"They are gone." He replied.

I let go of his hand, and slowly opened my eyes. I looked to Kellin, and then back to Ed. He looked at me. I grabbed, his shoulder, and put my other arm around his neck. He put his face in the crook of my neck. I did the same with him. I heard Kellin walk off, as I took in a deep breath. I took Ed's scent, in like I didn't want to forget him. We sat like that for a minute, until I pulled back. I put my forehead to his, and our noses touched. He kissed me, and then pulled back.

"I don't care what you are, I am not leaving. You know that right?"

I smiled.

"I love you."

I looked at him. That was the first time he said that. He said it first. Did I love him back. I did. I do. I love him.

"I love you." I said back.

He smiled. We sat there for what seemed like forever. Just...

staring.