Chapter 2

AMITY'S POV

"FRED!!! GEORGE!!!" I yell as I run to my best friends on platform 9 3/4. I haven't seen them since July, Harry's birthday to be exact. They both hug me tightly. We all say goodbye to our parents and board the train to Hogwarts.

As usual Fred, George and I meet up with Lee and sit in the same compartment that we always do. About 2 hours into the ride Hermione, Ron and Harry come in to say hello but as quickly as they came, they left. We all play about 3 games of exploding snaps before Cedric Diggory comes in.

Cedric says, "Hey Amity can I talk to you in private?" I nod my head and follow him into an empty compartment. He looks me in the eyes and says, "Still hanging out with those oafs? You know you could hang out with me anytime you wanted."

He tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear and I scowl, "They aren't oafs Cedric! And thanks for the offer but I'll keep hanging out with them. If I ever need a new best friend I know where to look." I smirk and walk back to Fred, George, and Lee without waiting for an answer. They ask what he wanted but I wave it off and we continue to play exploding snaps until we pull in to Hogsmeade. We all get off the train and get on the carriages pulled by thestrals, I can see them and Hagrid told me its because I've seen someone die. We pull in to Hogwarts, get out of our carriage, say hello to Hagrid and walk together to the great hall where we sit down for the beginning of term feast.

The first years all walk into the Great Hall with Professor McGonagall and the sorting hat sorts them. We get about 15 new kids in our house. Professor Dumbledore stands up and says, "To our newcomers welcome! To our old hands welcome back! There is a time for speech making, but this is not it. Tuck in!" The tables have filled with food and we all dive in. I grab butterbeer, a steak and a potato. I'm sitting next to George and Seamus, who is in deep conversation with Dean as usual, and Lee and Fred are sitting across from us. We start talking about the yearly pranks and just get finished eating when Professor Dumbledore stands back up, "Well now that we are all digesting another magnificent feast, I beg a few moments of your attention for the usual start-of-term notices. First years ought to know that the forest in the grounds is out of bounds for students - and a few of our older students ought to know that by now too." The entire returning Gryffindor table look at Harry, Ron and Hermione. Dumbledore continues his speech until that Umbridge woman interrupts him, we all exchange glances and tune out until we are dismissed. We walk up with the new prefects, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. We get in with the new password, mimbulus mimbletonia. We sit in the common room and talk for about an hour before I decide to go up to my dormitory and unpack. I say goodnight to the boys, give them each a kiss on the cheek and a hug, and walk up to my dormitory where Lavender Brown, Hermione Granger, Katie Bell and Parvati Patil were already unpacked and talking. "Hey Amity!!!" they all yell when I walk into the room. "Hi girls," I reply before unpacking my truck and getting in bed. I close my curtains and soon fall into a deep sleep.

Credit: Dumbledore's speech and a few other things in this chapter all were taken from "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" by J.K. Rowling

AN: Hey guys, tell me what you think about this chapter in the comments and I'll get the next chapter up as soon as possible :) (Updated version: July 27, 2013)