Chapter 9

George's Pov

I wake up after seeing them kissing again and again and again. The worst nightmare I've ever had. Well except the one where I dreamt I was middle aged... yuck. Or when I dreamt I was pregnant then I went into labor and gave birth to Ron... and I had to raise him from infancy, but one day I misplaced him and that was bad because it meant I had failed as a parent. Or when Snape came and said Mr. Weasley, you are flunking potions class... what are your college plans. And he just kept getting angrier and angrier and finally he flipped out and tried to kill me with a hammer.

Anyway it's the day of the Hogsmeade trip... I have to now go talk to Amity and tell her I'm not going with her. I broke up with her yesterday (the day after her and Fred kissed (George doesn't know who kissed who so he's been angry with them both)) and she ran off crying but it must have been an act. I mean she did kiss him didn't she? I'll probably ask Angelina to go with me on the Hogsmeade trip later. Amity probably wants to go with Fred anyway. I bite my tongue in frustration.

Lee and I walk down the stairs and I see the red and tear stained face of Amity. I walk up to her and motion for Lee to wait for me. "Hey Amity... I can't go to the Hogsmeade trip with you." She sniffles and replies, "Oh yeah because you think I made out with your brother... because you don't trust me... because you won't believe your girlfri... best friend is telling the truth by saying HE KISSED ME GEORGE!!!" she runs back upstairs sobbing. I walk back over to Lee sighing and we walk together down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

I walk over alone to Angelina who is sitting with Alicia, who looks extremely bored. "Hey Ang... wanna go with me on the Hogsmeade trip?" I ask. She nods and motions for Alicia to follow her upstairs, but kisses me on the cheek before walking up to the Gryffindor room. I look at Lee and smirk but have to do a double take when I see Amity walk down. She has bags under her eyes, tear stained dark red cheeks, her hair is unfixed and to be honest, she looks terrible. I didn't expect her to come down... she hasn't eaten since breakfast two days ago. And I know she's been trowing up anytime she tries to eat even the smallest piece of food. Ginny told me she cries herself to sleep and wakes up crying, mumbles words while she sleeps, can't eat without puking her insides out, and has been skipping classes. (Hermione and Alicia have been getting all her work for her so she's still top in the class next to Hermione) I myself am not even fazed by the breakup... well maybe a little bit... ok I cry in my sleep and keep dreaming about her and Fred but thats it... maybe. I sigh as she walks over here. She mutters something barely audible but I can make it out and know I'm the only one who could, "Can I talk to you? Alone in your dormitory?" She sniffles and wipes her eyes to keep tears from falling. I nod and take her hand and pull her up the stairs.

I take her into my room and lock the door using a spell that is unlockable except from the wand that cast it. After I put spells up to keep the noise inside the room and look at her. "What did you want to talk to me about?" I ask. She leans in and places her lips against mine. I kiss her back but then pull away. She looks a little hurt and sits down on my bed. She practically screams, "George Weasley I cannot believe you don't trust me enough to think that 1) I would kiss someone else while dating you ESPECIALLY Fred and 2) That I would LIE to you about doing it." Then she asks in a much softer tone, "Why don't you trust me Georgie? I've been your best friend forever. I was your girlfriend and you believed your eyes over mine. You of all people should think better of doing that..." I look at her face and instantly feel bad. "I'm sorry Am but I still can't go with you to Hogsmeade... I will ask you to be my girlfriend again if you'll accept me." I reply. She scrunches her nose up in thought, which is adorable by the way, and says, "Why can't we go to Hogsmeade with each other?" "I'm going with Angelina." "UNBELIEVABLE!!! THAT SLUT?!?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU GEORGE WEASLEY?!?!?!" she shouts before storming out of my room and no doubt back to her own. I slump down onto my bed knowing I really messed up and she might not EVER talk to me again. Good Godric what have I done?