Chapter 19

Amity's Pov

We finished planning the wedding last night. George came home about 15 minutes after my nightmare. Molly, George and I discussed the wedding for the last time and finished at about 45 minutes after midnight. I simply cannot wait until June 23 when I because Mrs. Amity Weasley. I am so excited to finally be married to the man of my dreams. Yes, we have had arguments and troubles in the past, and we will have them in the future, but I am fully convinced that he is my soulmate. There is nobody I would rather be with, and I certainly hope George feels the same way because we have two children, and we are getting married in two months. I love you George Weasley, forever and always.

---------------------------------

Today is the day of my wedding. I am sitting in Ginny's bedroom with my bridesmaids, Sage, Callie, Hermione and Ginny. Sage is doing my hair, and Callie is working on my makeup while Ginny slips on my pearl white heels and Hermione has me recite the schedule for which people will walk down the aisle. Ginny is walking down the aisle with Harry, Hermione will walk down with Ron, Callie goes with Fred and Sage walks with Lee Jordan. After that Molly is going to walk down carrying FJ, her other arm linking with my mum's and my mum is going to carry Gale. Then after them my 3 year old cousin, Layla, is going to walk down and toss flowers. Gale and FJ are each carrying a ring. Then, finally my father and I will walk down.

This works perfectly until FJ drops George's ring. Then, Layla freaks out and throws the entire basket of flowers causing them to fly across the room and over all of the guests. I then walk, my left arm linked with my father's right, down the aisle. One leg at a time. Left. Together. Right. Together. One tear as I see George's face. Two tears. And I stop and turn towards George as my father walks back to his seat beside my mother. FJ and Gale, 6 months old and toddling, come walking over to us giggling and thrust up their hands giving us the ring boxes. I smile as I take one and George takes the other. Charlie looks at us and smiles before beginning the service. I smile and look into George's deep brown eyes. Charlie then looks at me and then over at George and says, "Welcome, family, friends and loved ones. We gather here today to celebrate the wedding of Amity and George. You have come here to share in this formal commitment they make to one another, to offer your love and support to this union, and to allow Amity and George to start their married life together surrounded by the people dearest and most important to them. So welcome to one and all, who have traveled from near and far. Amity and George thank you for your presence here today, and now ask for your blessing, encouragement, and lifelong support, for their decision to be married." He smiles and looks around the audience before saying, "Bill will now come and give you the definition of marriage before I continue."

Charlie walks away and is replaced by Bill who looks to the audience, clears his throat and says, "Marriage is perhaps the greatest and most challenging adventure of human relationships. No ceremony can create your marriage; only you can do that - through love and patience; through dedication and perseverance; through talking and listening, helping and supporting and believing in each other; through tenderness and laughter; through learning to forgive, learning to appreciate your differences, and by learning to make the important things matter, and to let go of the rest. What this ceremony can do is to witness and affirm the choice you make to stand together as life mates and partners."

Bill then leaves, and Charlie comes back and once again stands in front of us and says, " Will you, George, take this woman to be your wedded wife?" George stands up straight and nods to himself before saying, "Of course I do take this gorgeous woman to be my sexy wife." I blush, and Fred kicks the back of his leg as is saying 'There are children here idiot!' Charlie then looks over at me and says, "Will you, Amity, take this man to be your wedded husband?" I bite my lip and say, "If he is my only choice then I guess I must," I then smirk and George sticks his tongue out at me.

Charlie turns and stands facing straight ahead and says, "Two people in love do not live in isolation. Their love is a source of strength with which they may nourish not only each other but also the world around them. And in turn, we, their community of friends and family, have a responsibility to this couple. By our steadfast care, respect, and love, we can support their marriage and the new family they are creating today. Will everyone please rise." Everybody then stood up, including FJ and Gale and Charlie continued, "Will you who are present here today, surround George and Amity in love, offering them the joys of your friendship, and supporting them in their marriage?" In unison all our friends and family say, "We will," and Charlie continues with, "You may be seated."

He then looks at us and says calmly, " May I have the rings, please?" George and I hand him the boxes, and my hand is shaking lightly while Charlie says, "Please repeat after me: I give you this ring, as a daily reminder of my love for you." George and I both speak in unison and repeat Charlie. Charlie then smiles and says, "By the power of your love and commitment, and the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!"

George grabs me around the waist and swings me down. I grasp onto his neck, and he has one arm under my back and the other on my face. He then kisses me roughly, and I kiss back and my tongue slides swiftly around his mouth before Lee yells loudly, "Get a room!" We are then forced to break apart, but George gives me a quick peck on the lips and whispers in my ear, "To be continued." This causes me to blush as I link arms with my husband and the wedding party walks back down the aisle, everybody smiling.

------------------------------------------------------------

The reception is lovely. It is decorated with lace and pink roses. The center pieces are vases filled with pink roses set upon lacey doilies. When George and I walk in, we receive a huge applause so we bow. I have changed therefore I am no longer in my wedding dress. I am now in a dress chosen by Ginny, it is a light pink dress with a white ribbon that goes across my middle. The dress falls to about mid-thighs and puffs out around the bottom. I also changed shoes, and I am now wearing some pumps that are the same color as my dress and have higher heels than my other shoes. George picks me up bridal style and carries me into the room the rest of the way. I giggle, and he sets me down once we reach Fred and Callie. Although as soon as we get there and they say congratulations, Callie and Fred are gone. They end up being gone for the next hour, and when they come back, their hair is all messed up, Fred's overcoat is missing and his shirt's buttons are not correctly buttoned, and the sleeve on Callie's white dress is torn slightly and the zipper is broken. I just ignore it though and look at George. We decide to ask them about it later. George then swings me off and pulls me to the dance floor. We dance for the next thirty minutes. However, my feet begin to hurt. George kisses me lightly, and we go to the cake where we cut it carefully. When George takes a piece of cake, he smashes it on my face and gets frosting all over me. I then take a slice and carefully place it into his mouth. I'll get him back later. I dance with FJ while George dances with Gale. Finally, I toss the bouquet and Callie catches it. Fred blushes, but I seem to be the only one to have noticed. The reception is now over, and I take George's hand in mine. My mum and dad are taking FJ and Gale home tonight so George and I apparate home.

As soon as we set foot in the house George is kissing me. I kiss him back and we sit on the couch together and watch movies until about three in the morning. After the last movie that we pick out ends, we walk into our bedroom and collapse on the bed. We are exhausted, our lives are quite crazy, but I am loving it. I fall asleep next to my lovely and wonderful husband, George Weasley and wake up next to him and I smile before kissing his cheek. My life is going to be amazing.

AN: This is the last chapter of Finally. The next chapter will be the epilogue, and I am so sad that this story is coming to an end but all good things must end I suppose...