Chapter 13

George's Pov

She passed out. I fell to my knees. I started bawling my eyes out. What is wrong with my girlfriend? My best friend? My true love? My one and only? My other half? My life? I open my eyes and I'm in the St. Mungo's hospital. My family and Amity's are there too. The nurse comes out and says, "Before we begin the checkup I'd like to say that she can have up to five family members with her." Her mum, dad and two sisters get up. I say, "Can I go in? I'm her boyfriend!" The nurse replies, "No I'm sorry but only family members are allowed in right now." "Please! I'm begging you!!!" "I'm sorry sir." I slide down the wall and Fred sits next to me. Callie looks at me and says, "She'll be ok George, I promise." I smile weakly at her noticing how similar her and Amity are to not be identical.

Amity has long dark brown hair that falls in loose curls while Callie has medium, light brown hair that is in bouncy curls. Amity has bright blue eyes (like her mother), palish skin and freckles while Callie has brown eyes (like her dad and Sage), pale skin but no freckles. Amity is about 5 foot 2 inches while Callie is like 5 foot 8 inches. Sage is about 5 foot 5 inches. Their mum is short but their dad is very tall. They have very different personalities. But even so they are extremely similar.

Fred has his hand on my shoulder and is comforting me. Ginny is on my other side holding my hand and tears are streaming down my face. I sit there crying just wanting to see the light blue eyes that I have grown to love. I want to hold her and inhale her chocolate and raspberry scent. I want to feel her skin. I look up and the door is open, Sage is standing at the door with tears in her eyes. I start crying harder. Malisse and Callie walk out with puffy eyes and Sage says, "She wants to see you." before walking to the waiting area with her father. I slowly get up and walk to the door. I glance back before going in and Fred nods.

I walk in and Amity has tears streaming down her face. The nurse walks out of the room and I sit in the chair next to her bed. She looks up at me and my heart breaks seeing her cry like this. "It was a boy..." she says blinking back tears. "W-was?" my voice cracks. She nods, "I lost him from apparation Georgie I'm so sorry..." tears start falling down her face "Its all my fault, I shouldn't have been so careless. I should have let Callie apparate us. I shouldn't have been so idiotic George. God I'm so stupid!" She stops talking and I frown. "You're not stupid, idiotic or careless. It was a simple mistake. ok?" She says, "It wasn't a simple mistake. It was a mistake that took a life and changed ours. The nurse says I'm doing better than most woman who lose a baby. She says most of them won't cry... they won't eat or drink... they won't talk or make eye contact. She says they all start depression early and it goes on for a really long time. She also says I will probably have a short depression... soon." Before she can say any more I get down on one knee and pull out a velvet box and say, "Amity Elizabeth Jones will you make me the happiest man on earth, as cliché as that sounds, and marry me?" She nods furiously and I kiss her passionately before placing the gold ring, studded with garnets and a large diamond in the middle, on her finger. She motions me to get in bed with her so I do. I pull her close and we lay like that for a little over an hour just thinking about what has happened in the last twelve hours.

Amity's Pov

I wake up and I'm in a pure white room and a curtain is pulled around the bed I'm in. I'm in a hospital, St. Mungo's hospital. A nurse walks in and notices I'm awake. "We will begin the examination shortly, I'll go get your family." She says and I nod. She returns with Mum, Dad, Callie and Sage. But no George... where's George! "Wheres George???!!!" I practically scream and Callie says, "Calm down Amity... he's right outside the door but only family is aloud right now. Ok?" I sigh but nod nevertheless.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The nurse finished the examination and leaves the room to look at the results. I lie down and close my eyes and shortly after hear the door open. The nurse walks in with a sympathetic look on her face. "You were 7 months pregnant. But however you have had a miscarriage from apparation and have lost the baby boy." My mind goes blank and all I can think about is how bad of a person I am. I have killed an innocent baby boy with my carelessness. I look over at Sage and say weakly, "Can you g-o get Geo-rge?" She nods and they all leave me. George walks in and I am completely oblivious to the fact that I'm telling him anything. But then he gets down on his knee and pulls out the same exact ring from my dream. The first good dream I had had in two years. The miracle dream.

An: I know its short and I know I didn't update all four of my stories but here is one, I will update "Mudblood" and I will start the next "Direction" chapter. I'm sorry this is short but it did have a lot of surprises. Proposal. Miscarriage :( Guys I read all day today sorry I didn't write at all.