Chapter 1: The Waiting Game

^^at the top give credit to my bestie @Brooks_4ever

Rylees P.O.V.

I always fantasized about that lost love or that special someone and why it hasn't happened to me yet and also why in those inspirational quotes; waiting is the key to finding happiness, well all that's bull. All I've been doing is waiting. Watching Disney movies to the point that makes me cry, watching four weddings with all the cute dresses and couples ready for that next step in their lives and reading wattpad; a journey through a thousand romance books and more. So, yes, I've been waiting. Waiting for that special moment to happen in my life when that significant other can make me more happy than I am. I'm 19 years old and it is my second year of college at the Maryland University in Baltimore. I lived in Baltimore for 10 years now but I originally was born and raised in Hawaii. I always wanted to go back to Hawaii but with the job I have now; it supports me for my dorm and some of my tuition, along with my scholarship as well, but for college it's never enough.

"Ready for today?" My best friend asks me. Her name is Kataline and we went to the same high school and we are now going to the same university and she is also my roommate in my dorm which is the best thing right now, every girl needs a friend in need and especially right now for me.

"Can we just stay here. I hate going there." I pout. The place I hate the most in the world is the place I work which is Subway. Today is the day when I'm finally willing to quit that place once and for all and with my bestie right by my side.

"It's either that or softball. Then again you don't have a choice, no more scholarship and then you would have to deal with your dad..." She pauses and looks up at me through her strands of hair.

I look back at her careful gaze. "Your right. Let's go." I've been playing softball all my life because my dad influenced me and my brother and sister to play. Can't give that up, plus I love playing. Of course I get sick of it sometimes but who doesn't get sick of their normal routine.

"You will feel way better afterwards. Then I will treat you to Coldstone." She smiles.

I smile, this girl is always buying me stuff. "Don't buy me anything." I laugh. "Seriously, don't."

She pouts in response. "Come on, ice cream is the solution to every problem. Let me treat you." She encourages me on.

I sigh."Finnnneeee. But I'm getting the cheapest thing in there." I smile because I know I defeated her.

"What? The cone?" She laughs. "Because I know that's the cheapest thing in there." She grabs her bag from off the bed, adjacent from mine and heads for the door. "Ready whenever you are." She grabs her jacket and pulls it on her shoulders. She grabs something from the coat closet and tosses over my blue and black checkered light jacket.

She looks at me when she is at the door and I put on my jacket and grab my bag and follow after her through the hallway. When we reach outside we head for my dark sparkly blue Ford and get in. I take a deep breath and place my hands on the steering wheel. Kataline's hand hovers over mine tightly for reassurance and I nod. I don't know why I'm so nervous when all I ever really wanted was to get out of there. I check my mirrors so I can look behind the rear of the car and place my hand on the handle and reverse backwards and head towards the main highway, going to the mall where Subways is.

I unlock the car when we arrive at the mall and we both get out. I walk around the front of the car to meet Kataline and put an alarm on my car. "What would I do if you didn't have a car?" She smiles thankfully at me.

"We always agreed..." I pause then she joins in with me. "That I will get the car and drive you around and you will buy me stuff." We both laugh at the fact that we said it at the same time.