Chapter 8: Bag of Skittles

Rylee's P.O.V.

Today is Friday and next week Halloween lands on a Saturday. I'm really excited for Halloween this year, not only do I have plans but I'm determined to look damn sexy going to that party that Andrew is throwing at his place.

But I still have to decide what to be.

I ponder over this thought as I make it to the theater in Columbia, entering the corridors, waiting for my film class to start.

I pull out my phone when I find my seat in the front and look at the time. 6:55pm. Five more minutes until class starts.

When it comes closer to seven, people come rushing in and filling the seats. I sit comfortable in my seat as all the squeaking noises come to a hault from people coming in.

Someone behind the curtain comes into view as the lights from the stage switch on. There is a wooden seat in the center of the stage and the person that came from backstage sits there.

When my eyes adjust to the person, I recognize it's James Cameron; the director of Titanic. It's honestly amazing that I'm in his presence right now. That I'm here right now is an honor in itself.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen." He smiled with his snow white beard. "Originally, for the film festival I was going to let you guys do a movie by yourselves but I want you guys to have a group of about two or three to make the process a little bit easier on yourselves. It does not have to be a two hour movie, in fact it can be one hour or less, as long as you get your point across. At the film festival it's going to be many movies there so that's why it's better to have quality over quantity for this." He takes a sip out of his mug and clears his throat. "Pair up, so we can make magic." He smiles and tells us to hurry.

Another group project. This is crazy. I look around to find anybody but when I see someone sitting behind me I try to ask them. "Hi, did you want to be partners with me?" I ask nicely.

"Sure. I don't really know many people here any way." I hear the boy say. I can barely see what he looks like from the dim lightening. "Hold on, let me come to you."

He sits beside me and I get a better view of him. He is very goodlooking. He has dark brunette curls sticking up everywhere about and nice brown eyes. "Hi, my name is Calum." he sticks out his hand.

"Hi, I'm Rylee." I say sweetly and shake his hand.

"Have you ever made your own film before?" He says and I furrow my eyebrows but before I can say anything he speaks first. "Sorry... I'm not that great at small talk." He looks down and scratches the back of his neck.

I chuckle to myself. He's so adorable. "No I haven't made my own film but does re-enacting a part from a film count?"

He shakes his head but covers it up with a smile. "Sadly no, it has to be your own work."

"I'll ask you the same question. Have you ever made a film before?" I ask him.

He smiles nervously. "I made videos on YouTube but nothing worth mentioning." he ruffles through his hair.

"Don't say that. At least you have videos. Maybe you can show me sometime, so we can get some ideas?" I suggest.

"Sure. If you want any way." he looks down again shyly. "So tell me a little bit about yourself."

"What do you want to know?"

"How old are you and when did you discover you liked filming?" he asked me.

"I'm 19 and I found out I liked filming in my freshman year of college but I've always loved photography." I answer his question.

I ask him the same question and he's twenty and he loved filming since he was a kid.