Chapter 2: AfterMath

Rylee's P.O.V.

      The next morning I wake up to the sound of groaning and I ruffle under the covers to get away from the noise and toss one of my pillows at the noise.

"Ow." I hear Kat's voice low with no feeling to it.

"Stop groaning." I say with my eyes closed and my body laid across my comfy bed.

"I cant..." she groans out. "My stomach is aching." She breathes out.

I open my eyes slowly and sit up as I rub the sleep out of my eyes. I look over to the side of me where my table side is and I look at my alarm clock through dreary eyes. My black frames is right beside the alarm clock so I put them on. The time is 7:06am.

I walk over to the other side of the room where her bed is and I plop down on it and sit right next to her. "Time of the month?" I ask her.

She nods. "Got it this morning. I feel like Hell." She says with her eyes closed tight. She sighs in the process. I get up off the bed and waltz my way over to the bathroom to get a glass of cold water and some aspirin from the mirrored cabinet. I walk back over to her and tell her to sit up so she can take this. She gulps it down and breathes in deeply afterwards. "Thank you." She says to me. "What time is it?" She scratches her knotted bed of hair.

"About to be 7:13." I reply back to her. "Why?"

"We have classes today, duh." She tells me.

How can I forget. I forgot we have one class on Saturday, luckily just one so I can do whatever I want after. But I love my class, it's my first class at Film and I hope I like the teacher.

"I knew that." I laugh at myself. Then I remember something. "My class starts at 9:00!" I say frantically and I make Kat jump a little.

She looks over at me through droopy eyes. "Thanks for waking me up." She says as she collapses back on her white pillows. "You still have time, crazy lady."

"No, I need to get ready now." I run to the bathroom and get ready and as I run, I hear her say, "You're not gonna be late. I think you're the one who needs the aspirin."

I run the water in the shower and once it's the temperature I want I jump inside and wash all the dirtiness from last night. Last night... Last night was a really great night. The club, the bar, dancing, getting lost, and that boy...

I let the water run over my whole face as I let all my thoughts process in. I can't help but wonder was he just a flirt or did he actually like me for me? Nah, we barely talked enough for that to even happen. Like he would like me for me anyway. I sigh and turn off the water and step out. Next, I brush my teeth with my blue toothbrush and exit the bathroom to stroll to my closet to put on a simple outfit; black leggings, red vans and to top it all off my favorite grey and black hoodie. I left my hair in a simple top bun and I look over at the alarm clock and it's 7:50am. I finished earlier than I thought.

I look over at a sitting up Kataline and I just noticed her in that same position the whole time.

"Like I said, it's 7:50, you're set and still have time to spare." She tells me.

"No, I'm leaving in a few minutes."

She gives me a weird look. "Why? You're acting like we don't live on campus."

I cross my arms over my chest. "I just like being early to things."

"All you're gonna do is wait in the cafe until class time just like high school." She laughs and tries getting up to walk into the bathroom.

I chuckle at the memories of our group always being in the cafeteria in high school and doing the weirdest things. We called it the Breakfast Club. "If you hurry up you can meet me down there." I yell to her in the bathroom. I grab my bag and sling it over my shoulder.