Chapter 4:Practice

Chapter 4: Practice
Rylees P.O.V.

"Yes, I'll be there." I say aloud with my phone connected to my ear.

I sigh in response to what he said. "Because I've been busy with school..."

He cuts me off by saying, "That's no excuse, this is also your priority."

Sometimes I can't tolerate him. "I said I'm going." I say with an attitude. We say our goodbyes and I ended the call.

"Who was that?" Kat asks while we wait on the line in the cafeteria for some hot chocolate.

"My dad." Was all I needed to say to make Kat sigh.

"Practice didn't even start yet." Kat states.

I shake my head. "Not yet, but soon though. My dad is recruiting people to be on the team and since I'm captain.." I roll my eyes. "I have to be there."

Kat puts her lips in a thin line. "Good luck with that."

I twist my head to the side. "You know, it's the usual."

We are next on line and I see a familiar smile greet me. Kat and I stop in front of the register. "Casey. Hey." I give her a warm smile.

"Hey. It's been a while. Haven't seen your face.." she gestures her hands around the cafeteria. "Along these parts."

I chuckle at how she says it. "Because I didn't have as many stressful morning classes as today and sadly my earliest class is on a
Saturday."

Casey gives a sympathetic smile. "Definitely need that hot chocolate today." She states and I nod. She turns to Kat. "And what can I get for your beautiful friend over here?"

I raise my eyebrows from what she says and I look at Kat having a thankful smile on her face. "Can I get a Caramel frappe?" She asks.

Casey nods her head. "Of course, darling." She rushes to the back to make our orders.

Kat smiles. "She seems cool."

I nod my head. "She is."

When Casey comes back with two paper cups in her hands she hands it to us and we hold out our money to give to her. Casey shakes her hands in front of her. "No, no, no, remember what I said."

I shake my head. "Casey, it's fine, really."

"It's on the house. Now hurry up and go, you're holding up the line." She whispers.

"Thanks." I make a small smile.

"Thank you." Kat smiles brightly and peeks her head out before we leave.

"Is it just me or she has a crush on you?" I ask when we are down the hall walking to our classes. Well my class since Kat's class was cancelled today.

Kat shrugs and sips some of her frappe down. "Maybe." She smacks her drink down. I make a disgusted face when she does it. She notices my expression and laughs. "Sorry, but this girl hooked it up." She throws her hand up in celebration.

I sip some of my hot chocolate. "Mmm. She really did." I look up to the glass ceiling from above us. The white plush clouds swaying above us with the bright blue sky. I look down at Kat again. "Can we go to a place that sells sweet and chocolaty things??" I say with my eyes wide, waiting for her reply.

She gives me a look that looks like she's saying 'really'. "You mean a bakery?" Her mouth starts to form into a smile.

I smile. "Yes! I really want some chocolate..." I pause at my thought. "Oh, no. I forgot I have to help my dad out with the clinics." I slap my forehead intentionally.