CHAPTER #22

Christina and Adam had to get to Mark Burnett's Malibu home for the Hollywood press junket. Originally it was going to be held in Maui, but was changed at the last minute, to Mark's house. So they didn't need to fly anywhere. Adam decided to ride his motorcycle there and Christina went by car. Carson was already there by the time Blake and Christina arrived. Cee-Lo came shortly after and Adam arrived last. Once there, they were given a tour of Mark's house.

From the house they were treated to a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. It was breath taking. Adam quipped, "so this is what reality TV buys you."

Blake and Cee-Lo laughed openly and Christina added, "none of us can complain about our homes. Our fame has bought what we wanted. He just has a good eye."

They took pictures by themselves and all together. Then they sat on a stage to answer questions from the media. Mark Burnett explained the format of this season's show. The coaches said that the new opportunity for poaching from each other's teams, has added an exciting element to the show.

"It's nice to throw those things in to kind of spice it up," Adam said. "Those things definitely help keep it fresh for us too."

They explained what helped meld them into a tight, family-like unit, the way they all worked with the contestants and passed on their knowledge. Christina said, "over time we see how each of us react as coaches. We all give heartfelt advice and attention to these up-and- coming young fresh talents. It's nice to see and refreshing because we came into it not wanting to knock anyone down. We all respect that."

Their show was compared to the X Factor and American Idol.  Adam was going to respond, but at the same time so was Christina. She stopped and apologized for cutting him off. He told her to go ahead and answer.

"We might take shots at each other, but never at the talent. Just like we show each season, a person's vocal skill is more important than their sexual orientation or how they look."

Someone from the crowd of press asked Christina, "what do you think about Britney Spears appearing this fall on the X Factor?"

"We've had our careers constantly cross paths. I welcome her to the family of singers working in television. She'll give great advice. I can't comment on the format of the other shows, because I don't know it."

Media also wanted to know about the rumours that the four coaches were being replaced next season. Was it due to all the fighting? Were they a family or just doing a job.

Blake said, "we're a quartet, joined together by the success of the series. We're always going to be connected to each other through this show."

"There's just a magic, a bond that's unbreakable at this point between all of us. As coaches or judges, we have opened our horizons and we feed off each other for inspiration," Christina added.

Cee-Lo concurred. "For me, there's nobody that comes to mind who can replace my Blake, my Adam and my Christina," he said.

Mark clarified things by promising to each of the coaches, "it's your seat for life. Any replacements would be only for a season. So if someone goes on tour, they can help bring in another coach. People have to understand that having four active performers, is a producer's nightmare. They all have tour dates and obligations to their fans."

Everyone also learned that for season four, it would be coming mid-season. Even though the viewers have become attached to the four coaches and how they interact with each other, there could be a shuffle coming. Whether that was due to contract time coming up or because they all had tours, it wasn't made clear.

As was the norm when the four coaches got together, there was talking between them and joking. At one point Adam noticed a photographer behind them and he said, "check out this guy, he's running around behind us. What's he doing, taking a picture of Cee-Lo's ass?"