CHAPTER #40

As Christina and Adam lay in bed that night, they talked about their music.  Adam was impressed with how she was extending her horizons to other genera.  She explained it was thanks to The Voice and her fellow coaches, like Blake.  He agreed that their teams, coaches and mentors helped inspire change and growth within themselves.

"Just look at you, pairing up with rap on your song 'Payphone.'  Whether you are a guest on someone else's track as a solo artist or with your band, mixing it up, trying new things will bring out the best in you," Christina encouraged.

"50 Cent is working on a new album and he's approached me to work with him and Marshal, to add to one of his songs called 'My Life.'  I've actually laid down a track with his producers."

Christina sat up, "that's great!  I know you have always said you don't want a solo career, but if the band ever wants to take a break for a bit and you don't, this opens doors for other opportunities.  If Gwen Stefani can do it and return to No Doubt, then so can anyone else in a band."

"That's true.  I've also talked to Mark and he'll let 50 Cent and I do the new song on THE VOICE," Adam added.

"The censors are really going to love that," she said sarcastically.  "So Eminem is on the track too, but has prior commitments?" Christina asked.

"Something like that.  I can't wait for you to hear it.  The collaboration is awesome.  It's thanks to you, that I accepted doing it with them."

She grinned and kissed his cheek, "I can't take any credit.  It's part of what we do, try new things."

"You're beautiful," he whispered into her ear.

"Awe," she unloaded a bunch of kisses on him.  "Cee Lo's christmas album has been a fun collaboration for me too.  Lots of laughs and good cheer."

He nodded, "I'm not surprised.  But I'm glad too that he's coming out of his rut from all the bad stuff in the media concerning him and those charges."  Adam said rolling her ontop of him.

She sat up and straddled him, slowly rocking her hips.  "He's definitely in better spirits again."

"Keep doing that... ahhh baby you drive me crazy," Adam groaned.

All talking stopped and they just enjoyed each other.  No matter how hectic their schedules had become and the new projects they began, night time was their time.  If it was even just once a week, their intimate moments alone, always reminded them that they'd made the right choice committing to each other.

** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~**~ ~ ~ ~ ~ **

Another night, a while later, after Christina's team was no longer in THE VOICE competition, was when they finally were alone again.  She was pretty bitter that Dez was taken out before Melanie was.  "She is cute and has a very independent style, but her vocal range is so limited compared to Dez. I just don't get it."

"We both know that it's not just about how well we sing, but about our image. Hers is just stronger than his.  The fans adore her, your own son recognizes her.  Remember she's seventeen and a lot of our viewers relate to her."

"That's true. I'm sorry Adam, I don't mean to take my disappointment out on you.  You've been great support for her.  And as much as it irritates me, I do want her to have a successful career.  I just hate loosing."

He hugged her.  "You and me both.  I'm kicking myself for not winning over Terry McDermott. If Blake wins over Cee-Lo, his ego will be insufferable."

Christina laughed and then added, "I hope Cee-Lo wins.  Even though Cassadee was originally one of my girls, Cee Lo needs the win. Then maybe in Season 5, I'll come back and win too." Then she looked him over.  "Babe, you're voice sounds a bit scratchy, are you getting a cold?" Christina asked, feeling his forehead to make sure he had no fever.  Her motherly instinct coming out.

"Probably.  Lack of sleep and not eating right.  Or all the planes I've been on, maybe I picked up a bug.  I don't feel like shit yet."  He removed her hand from his forehead and kissed it.

She frowned, "you need to take better care of yourself.  I know filming Season 4 is taking it's toll on you too.  And Terry also mentioned he had a chest cold."

"Yes mom," Adam teased.

"You and Maroon 5 have to perform at the Grammy awards nomination announcement show don't forget.  You need to be feeling well for that."

"I'll be okay.  My mom was already on my ass about eating right.  But thanks for looking out for me."

"Always. You're one of my boys now," Christina smirked.

Adam wanted to have sex again, for the fourth time that night, but Christina put on the brakes.  She wanted him to just relax and get some sleep.  Finally he obeyed and they snuggled together and went to sleep.

** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~**~ ~ ~ ~ ~ **

The following week, Adam's team was eliminated from The Voice and it was Christina's turn to calm him down and offer support.  She thought it was great that Melanie and Nicholas David did Fiona Apples hit 'Criminal', which she'd suggested previously.  Unfortunately it was too late and Melanie was cut. Christina told Adam to choose wisely for Season 4 and no matter where she was on tour, he could always get her opinion if he needed it.

She also kept a close eye on what he was eating, even when she wasn't with him.  He listened to her and his mother and eventually beat the cold, so that he was in top shape for his performance.  After the show, Christina tweeted congratulations to both him and Blake for their Grammy nominations.

'I'm so proud of you. Maroon 5 with two Grammy nominations!  Best Vocal Pop Album... I'm so jealous.'  Christina texted Adam.

'Thanks, we sang One More Night and Moves Like Jagger. Both went well.  It's an exciting night!' Adam sent a reply text.

When he got a chance later that night he called her cell.  She was at home listening to Eternal Flame by the Bangles when she answered.  They chatted a bit and made plans to get together soon.  He asked how Max was and she said that both Max and Frankie missed him. 

After the call Adam tweeted, 'Eternal Flame by the Bangles makes me horny and insecure all over again.'

Christina laughed when she read it and texted him immediately after.  She sent him a picture message, that added to how horny he was.  To her delight the next day, he appeared to sneak her away to satisfy his need.  They both parted afterward with satisfied smiles.  Life as pop stars, was busy but grand.  Those stollen moments, is what kept happiness radiating through them for days to come.