Into Their Minds : Part Three

•••
***MOT***

I gasped, sitting up and looking around.

Where was I?

A tall ceiling stretched high above me, almost as if I were in a tree. A soft blanket covered me, and a red carpet lay on the ground. I swung my legs out of bed and walked towards a mirror on the wall.

Smiling brown eyes stared back at me, with light green skin glinting in the warm light.

Tom.

The mirror image shifted and I stumbled back and into a wall. I turned and suddenly the room was completely black; with the exception of the mirror. I was confined, forced to gaze only at the mirror.

Tom's image sneered at me.

"Dianite's champion huh." His happy eyes were replaced with cruel cold ones. "You don't look like much to me. You could never do anything right could you?" The world shifted to a temple; so dark and hot it could only be Dianite's own temple.

"You couldn't even get your own armor. And even then you were beat by the priest's bitch." I gasped as I felt the weight of the armor; and then the pain of a sword lodging itself into me. "What kinda champion are you?"

The world shifted back to the small black box. Tom's reflection looked at me, his eyes full of disgust.

"A whole new world, and you called yourself a champion; when in reality? You were nothing." Tom's voice faltered. "Nothing because there already was a champion." The world shifted again, and it was me. I was staring right at myself.

"Mot was the real champion. Dianite couldn't care less for you." Tom's voice became distorted; sounding like he was near to tears. "WHY COULDN'T YOU BE HIM. WHAT MADE HIM SO SPECIAL?!?" Tom sobbed. "WHY COULDN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE HIM. YOU'RE A FAILURE. YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT WHILE HE CAN DO IT ALL." He screamed. The image faded back to the small room, and Tom was sobbing, his hands on the mirror. "Why does he get everything; when I get nothing at all." He softly hit the mirror, and I tried to back away from the mirror, but my back just hit the wall. "Why can't I ever have love...?" He choked out. I shook my head, trying to escape.

No.
This is too private.
I shouldn't be here.

He laughed sadly, and I looked back at the mirror; and my heart stopped.

Blood ran down his face and his eyes were sad, but insane.

"Hell, I don't even love myself. Who ever could?" He raised a bloody fist and shattered the mirror.

He grabbed me by the shirt and made me look him in the eyes.

"But you can't miss what you never had."