Into Their Minds : Part Seven

•••
***SONJA***

Blood trailed down from the ceiling, curving and meeting at one point in the room. It was near me, and as I looked down I staggered away from it.

Blood was spilling from my arms in lines and connected to the walls all around me.

A glowing altar was in front of me, and my arms were chained to the walls. Long tendrils of blood spilling from my wrists held me in place. I yanked my arms, trying to escape, but more and more blood spilled out, wrapping more blood around me.

"Blood. That's all there is." I looked up, and across from me was a demented form of Tucker. Blood was spilling from him, and he was sickly pale and on the verge of collapse. He looked hollow, and his eyes were lifeless. "To get stronger you need to get weaker." More blood flowed of him, and trails of blood fell down his hollowed cheeks. I struggled towards him, when suddenly I felt the air shift around me.

An island, with a soft breeze filling the night air. I turned and there was me, sitting beside myself. I looked down at my hands, and instead of my own I saw Tucker's. A noise filled the air, and I looked up to see fireworks lighting up the night sky.

It seems so long ago, but this was a date Tucker took me on.

"I was strong. I could protect her, even if she didn't need it." The bright red fireworks trickled down from the sky, getting sluggish and seemingly more sinister as it did.

Suddenly the world turned black and the image of me faded away. The void wrapped around me and I began to plummet.

My eyes snapped open to see a cell.

This was the new world, no longer our old one.

The world shifted to me in the night sky. The red moon was high above us, and I felt my heart race as I ran away from monsters.

"I couldn't protect her anymore. Not here. Not when I couldn't even protect myself." The blood moon melted to my arm as it trickled down from a thin line and into an altar.

"But I could protect her this way. I could be strong again." More and more blood gushed out my arm, and I stood, immobile. The world suddenly went from bright and sunny to dark. All I could see was blood.

"I finally was strong." Tucker's voice echoed around me.

"Blood." My voice. "That's all you see anymore. More and more blood, more and more strength." A being of myself, evil and colored in black and red. Suddenly I was in front of him, with an arrow through my heart, but my black eyes full of hate.

"I hope your drown in it."