What's Inside Counts

I was listening to Panic! At the Disco's : Emperor's New Clothes

And what can I say. I got inspired.

•••

Footsteps echoed as the figure walked down the long white hallway, getting faster and faster.

A glass box stood in the far distance.

The figure ran into the box, and bells chimed.

Then they plummeted down.

•••

"Hello. Allow me to be of assistance." He offered a hand, and the old woman blushed and grasped his hand gently.

"Aw thank you Thomas. You're so sweet. A role model of a true Mianitee." Tom shot her a grin as he shifted her bags and walked her back to her home.

"I appreciate it madam. I strive to be the best person I can be."

Blood.

"Others sure could follow your example." She huffed, and Tom let out an airy laugh as they arrived at her house.

"Everyone is different madam, what can I say?" She giggled.

"Oh Thomas, you're so sweet." She patted his cheek and he laughed. "Your parents would be so proud." Tom forced a grin.

"Yeah. I guess."

Kill her.

"Goodnight Thomas. Be careful please." Tom smiled.

"Don't worry. I will be."

She has to die.

•••

"Are you ready to train?" Tom grinned.

"You bet it you salt shaker." Tucker chuckled.

"Okay okay. Well if you want to get into Mianite, you have to be more than annoyingly perfect and nice. You gotta be able to fight. It's a blood moon, so there should be plenty of monsters for you to practice on. So here you go." Tucker handed him a sword.

"Wait, you aren't gonna teach me anything?" Tucker raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Please. I believe in learning the hard way. Besides, you either are good at fighting or you're not." Tom gulped and shakily took the sword.

"Are... are you sure...?" Tucker rolled his eyes.

"Fine. I'll tag along a bit behind you and save your ass if you get injured. But I'm not going to fight anything for you." Tom nodded and gazed fearfully at the forest before shifting his grip on his sword.

It feels perfect.

Tom walked into the forest, holding the sword out in front of him as he gazed around the forest.

Suddenly the ground began to break away at his feet, and a hand broke the surface.

Adrenaline rushed through Tom.