Unoriginal

Cheesy cliche A/U

Normal.

Nothing is normal anymore.

It used to be.

Then the solar flare happened.

Don't get me wrong nothing like zombies or shit like that happened.

The people of earth changed.
Scientists are baffled by the fact that everything on earth stayed completely fine, and humans got certain patterns that marked their bodies. You had red markings, blue markings, greyish black markings, and the occasional purple marking.  And its not like full body normally like an arm or something.
No one knows why people have a certain color, I don't even know why mine is purple. Most think I'm an Unmarked because my mark is on my back. Being the insecure bitch I am mostly keep it hidden with a shirt.
Another thing is your hand is never marked. It doesn't matter who you are your hand will not be marked. That's because when you touch a certain someone your two colors will form a new pattern on your hands.

I don't say soul mates since I find the whole 'two people's souls are destined to be' utter shit. But most people meet their partner by age 19 . I'm 23 and still have not found my significant other. I'm not completely alone since I live with my friend Sonja and her partner Tucker.

We all have channels on a platform known as YouTube and are doing pretty well.

"Hey Grizz," I greet Tucker's bear is a dog as his owner is passed out on the table with a bottle of vodka in hand. "Tucker do another drunk stream?" Grizzwald just looked at me asking for food. Classic Grizz.

I decide to let Sonja deal with her hung over boyfriend in the morning and go to sleep. Well if staying up on my laptop till three a.m editing the new Happy Wheels video counts as sleep.

"Hey, Jordan wake up. Jordan...Jordan....JORDAN!"

"WHAT!"

"Get up, Tucker's friend Tom is coming to visit from England so we need to put the guest bed in your room."
"Uh okay? But my room?"
"Yeah your room, the other rooms are full of junk and Grizz shit in one." Fine Sonja, you win this round.....

An hour later my room was set up and I was getting ready for my walk with Grizzwald. I put on my jeans, converse and green shirt (Signature outfit just with jeans and swap colors) and run down the stairs.
"Come on Grizz! Come on buddy, lets go! Time for a walk!" I yell with the big bear himself chasing after me, ready to go on the walk.
"-yeah glad you could make it Tom Jordan should be here somewh-" Barely registering what's happening I crash into a solid object in the doorway. That must be Tom.
"Hey there I'm Tom, you must be Jordan." And now I realize he's holding me close, like real close.
"Oh um s-sorry 'bout that. I was just about to take Grizzwald over there for a walk. If you want you can join." Ah curse my stupid stutter.
"Uh y-yeah, sounds like fun. Ah badgers."
The two of us head out the door and down my usual route for Grizz's walk. Talking about England, our jobs, turns out Tom runs a channel called TheSyndicateProject.  I played his game DeadRealm once.
At some point Tom started to hold my hand and I didn't object so we continued our walk with the dog hand in hand. Meanwhile Tucker and Sonja where behind us giving each other money from the swirls on our hands we didn't notice.

It was a few hours later and Tom and I were playing some CoD on the X box for fun, well more like a channel video. But still, it was really fun.
Tom and I ended up snuggling on the couch watching Finding Nemo after dinner.
"Hey uh Jardon?"
"Hm?"
"Nice hand you got there." Sure enough the red of Tom's arm and the purple from my shoulder blades started swirling around our hands.

"And that Ianita and Geoffrey is how your father and I met." Tom came up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek. The kids awwed at this letting out  a fit of giggles.
"And don't you forget it babe."