Chapter 4

Sparrow bounded down the hill. If every cat in the world is like Leaf then I have no chance of living. He thought. He was happy that he just got a job that he could help others and not have to get anything in return.
See. I'm doing good deeds mother. I promise I will never end up like father. Ever. Sparrow's mother was killed by an unknown trespasser and ever since then Sparrow did many good deeds so he wouldn't end up like father.
He was scared of ending up like DarkStripe. His mother always told Sparrow that he was in control of his own actions.
But now, Sparrow wasn't so sure. He padded through the alleyways and flicked his tail at a nearby trash can. He leaped on the top of it and pawed it from underneath himself, letting himself fall into the trash can.
From the inside, he tipped the trash can over and padded out of the trashcan. There, he found scraps of food and pieces of chicken legs. He ate them thankfully and then knew he had to start hunting for Leaf and Blue Jay.
He started padding out of the alleyway until he heard a hiss behind him. Frightened, he turned to face it. "Hey DarkStripe! Find your own trashcan!" The white tom yowled but then paused when saw Sparrow's one-eyed face.
"Who-who- are you?!?" The White tom demanded.
Sparrow just looked at him, blinked his one eye slowly and ran off.
"Hey get back here!" The angry Tom said then started to give chase.
Sparrow got scared and ran faster with the Tom on his tail. Sparrow turned a corner and hide in the alleyway until he noticed that the tom had given up.
Sparrow curled up in the dark corner and decided that it was best if he stayed here for the night.
He closed his one eye so the glow of it in the dark wouldn't attract any unwanted attention than after what seemed like moons, fell asleep.