Chapter 11

Leaf glared at her father, "Why couldn't I go?!?"
BlueJay looked at his daughter, "I'm trying to protect you! That cat right there is the son of DarkStripe! I can see it he looks just like him! He could of killed you!"
Leaf's ears flattened, "well I trust him."
BlueJay growled, "Because your young!" He sighed. "And you don't understand the world."
"Then let me figure it out on my own instead of hiding from it!" Leaf hissed.
BlueJay hissed and stood up all the way, his tail up and his muscles shown beneath his thick gray-blue pelt. "I'm your father and you listen to me."
Leaf looked up at her father and flicked her ears without responding.
"Now have some lunch." BlueJay said, calming down and passing her a mouse.
Leaf pawed away her mouse, "I'm not hungry."
BlueJay looked at her, "Are you sure?" He mumbled through mouth fulls of frog.
"Yes. I'm gonna go out exploring."
BlueJay hissed, "Don't go looking for Sparrow, go to the city and explore there. Away from him."
"Yes father." She sighed and padded off, she felt her father's gaze burning into the back of her head.
I have to listen to father. No matter how much I don't want too.
Leaf padded through the small forest and down the canyon like wall and a little into a swamp and into the city.
Her long claws clanked against the hard grey concrete sideways as she walked along side a wide ThunderPath.
The air stank of pollution, dogs, burnt rubber, other cats, and twolegs.
Leaf turned the corner into an alleyway, when she saw the trashcans her belly rumbled.
I have to eat something. She sighed and padded to the nearest large can.
"That's mine." A voice rumbled.
Leaf turned to the source of the voice and saw a large old light grey tom with dark gray tabby stripes.