the unexpected encounter

This is a fictional story... All characters are made by my imagination...

Sofia

First day of school as a 2nd year high school student in a new environment, new surroundings, new culture and new people. My new school is in BaguioCity - a far place where I originally came from. Actually, I am from Manila.

Why do I transfer to a far away school you may ask? Well, here's my answer, it was because of the bullies that kept on pestering me back in my previous school, so I asked my mom if it is okay to transfer to a place where nobody knows who I am and she said yes.

Luckily, we have a vacation house here in Baguio, my mom asked one of our housekeepers to look after me while I'm here.

June 7 2013, this is the start of the 1st semester of my new high school life. My plan was to be alone for the rest of the year. And not trust anyone, I don't need friends because in the end they will betray you when you don't have anymore use to them. That is what I experienced in the past.

As I was walk down the corridor looking for my classroom I'm not actually paying attention to where I was walking, as a result I bumped someone. I panicked then I apologize and ran without even looking at the person I'm apologizing to, I was so scared because maybe that mistake may haunt me for the rest of my life.

So far my first day was fine; I just introduced myself to the class without even looking at them. I always picked the last seat at the back so that I can be alone which I like, and I never talk in class I will just talk if the teacher asked me to.

The last subject for that day was science. As I entered the classroom, I saw someone sitting at the back so I have no choice but to sit else where. I sat near the wall, before the class starts, someone seated next to me and I didn't even bother to look at the person ( I don't know if it's a boy or a girl) I just stared at the clear blue sky. We were asked to introduce ourselves once again, so when it's my turn I stand up.

"Hi, my name is Sofia Amber Perez I'm 15 years old." I kept my introduction short because I felt that they are all staring at me and it made me nervous.

As I was finished the person seated beside me is next, he's a guy " Hello, My name is Luigi Gabriel Thompson but you can call me Gabriel, I'm 16 years old, I like to play basketball, volleyball, and also I know how to play musical instruments like guitar, piano, drums, and beat box. I hope that we will be good friends and nice to meet you guys."

So his name Gabriel, his taller than me and has soulful round eyes. As he sits beside me, he smiled and talk to me "Hi, so your name is Sofia, I'm Gabriel nice to meet you. Is it okay if I call you Sof?" He asked

I don't know how to react because it is the first time that someone talks to me, I just nod.

"Sof are you okay? You look kinda pale." He said with concern look in his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said nervously

"Oh, that's a relief. I thought that you're going to faint any moment, uhmmm... You don't remember me do you?" He asked.

I was going to answer when the bell rang, sign that our class is over.

I immediately packed my things and leave the classroom without even looking at him. I can't let myself trust anyone again! Not this time, I will not be that person who easily gives their trust to people. I need to focus.

"Sofia focus, his just like everyone, his trying to fool you! Don't be so gullible, naive girl grow up! Protect yourself. That is the one thing you must do." I said to myself

As I reached to the gate, someone shouted my name.

"See you tomorrow Sof!"

As I turn around to look who it is, it's him! Waving at me, smiling. What should I do? Should I ignore him? Or wave back.