~13~

"Don't be."

~~~

I heard a ringing in my ears and i groaned as i sat up scratching my head. I pulled my bed hair out of the ponytail from last night. I looked around as i ran my fingers through my hair and noticed im in my room.

'When did i get home last night?' I closed my eyes and tried to remember but it was hopeless, my mind was blank. I swung my legs over my bed and walked to the bathroom. I jumped back against the wall when i looked into the mirror. I forgot to take my make up off last night and even thought i don't wear a lot, my eye liner had rubbed all over my face. 'Wonder what my pillow looks like...' 

It was a good thing that i had woke up a good hour and half early right? I began washing my face and wiping all the makeup off and then rubbed some scrub onto my cheeks and nose to get rid of the dead skin. I sighed once i felt my face. "So soft~" 

I walked back into my room and got dressed before walking out and grabbing a peace of bread with butter and cinnamon sugar on top. Not a healthy breakfast but it's something. I stood in front of my car door and took my final bites before rubbing my hands together to get the extra sugar off. I got in and turned the key making the car come to life. I turned the heater on and set it in reverse to start the day. 

I pulled in to a local Starbucks and got my normal caramel frappe before setting off to work. I pulled up to a red light and sipped my coffee. I let my head hang backwards against the headrest as  the cool coffee spread across my throat. I opened my eyes and noticed the light turned green. I set my coffee down and pressed the gas moving forward. 

Pain.

Wet. 

Yelling.

I tried to open my eyes but my vision was blurred. I felt a sharp pain all over my body and tried to grab my head but my arm wouldn't move. I blinked hard and re opened my eyes, i saw i was hanging upside down. I looked around and took in my surroundings, there were glass shards all around me and even in my arms and legs, I heard sirens in the distance and a splashing sound. Fear over took my body fearing it was gasoline and i was going to be blown into pieces any second now but as i looked underneath me at what was a ceiling that is now a floor, it is covered in a blood pool. The dripping was coming from my body. I could barely see through what was once my door and saw a crowd of people. Desperate for help i yelled out to them and it seemed that a few heard me over the commotion. I saw firefighters and peremedics arrive and the people pointed towards my car. I sighed in relief but winced at the pain that hit me like a semi. I took another look and saw the medic shining a light into my eyes before it went black.

~~~

I heard muffled voices around me and a continuous beeping. I made an annoyed face at the sound thinking it was my alarm and attempted to move and turn it off but my arm wouldn't budge.

"-ot fight here ok? You don't want us fighting to be the first thing she sees when she wakes do you?" 

"...No." 

The voices that were previously muffled were crystal clear now. I slid my eyes open but closed them up right away once more because of the bright lights.

"She's awake! Quick get a doctor." I felt the person grab my hand as i heard the door to my room open and close shut. 

"Ellie? Ellie it's me, Xiumin. Do you remember me?"

I reopened my eyes when i heard the door open once more and the doctor walked in with Kyungsoo trailing behind face full of worry, 'has he been crying?'

"Mrs. Elisabeth?" I directed my attention to the doctor and nodded towards him, "Yes that is me."

"Do you remember what happened to you?" I looked to the floor and scrunched my eyebrows in thought. 

"I remember my coffee. I had set it down and went to go since the light was green and i awoke to....so much pain..." I interlaced my fingers together taking my hand back from Xiumin. 

"You were involved in a car accident and the cameras had caught that it was the other drivers fault. So he will be charged to pay for your hospital bills." The doctor flipped a few papers before holding the clipboard to his side, "We will do a full body checkup and then if nothing is found then you will be able to leave." He nodded to me and the boys before leaving through the door.

As soon as the door closed Kyungsoo walked over and grabbed my hand. 

"Oh my god, i was so scared i thought i was going to lose you..." I saw his eyes start to tear up and he drops his head into my hand. I felt his warm tears fall into my hand as his body shook with the feelings that overcame him. I looked at him sadly before looking over at Xiumin to see him sitting up straight with tears falling down his face. He kept a straight face the best he could but i could see his red eyes and i held my hand out to him. I gently cupped his cheek and rubbed the tears away with my thumb.

"You guys worry to much. I wasn't going down without a fight." I tried to lighten the mood and it got a small chuckle out of both of them. 

~~~

I paid the taxi and stepped aside and watched around the corner for the boys. They both wanted to take me home and instead of letting it lead to a big fight i just took a taxi. I smiled to them when i saw them come around and waved with the arm i could move. They gave me small smiles and waved back before stopping in front of me. 

"Lets go in."

I looked to Xiumin and asked him to get 3 glasses and fill it with sweet tea for us and gently sat in my chair pulling my legs up and sitting Indian style. I took a glass and gently sipped it setting it beside me on a coaster.

"We need to talk."

I watched them both nod to me and i rolled my eyes, "Stop being so tense you two. Relax and drink your tea." Kyungsoo was the first to speak and he cleared his throat, "We decided that fighting for you will lead to nothing because in the end it's your choice and we would like you to pick one of us."

I look back and forth between them and nodded, "I was thinking the same."

I grabbed both of their hands and held them for a moment before looking up to them for the last time.

"I choose....."