Rebels » Chapter Fourteen

Copyright © 2015 by azureblisss

Students were watching my every move, even the boy who sat beside me at class. He kept glancing at me every once and a while, thinking that I'm going to do something that may change my life. Which I just did.

Kyle got rid of the people outside my house. I mean, not certainly 'got rid' but he snuck me out of the house. And now that the world knows about me, it made a lot things worse on my relationship with my father,

Yesterday, he called me. I picked up. He scolded me because of my reckless doings. Just like every damn time he calls us. The thing about my father is he only connects with us when something like this situation happens. Like the time my sister punched a girl on the face five years ago, and also the time when my brother got drunk at a fraternity party and somehow got himself arrested three years ago. Those were the rarest times he comes into the picture. After that, there was no communication and Dad will just leave us to our stuff, no communication, no 'goodbyes', no 'hello'. That's my father.

I have no choice but to be susceptible to his suggestion. No remarks, no greetings, no refuses. But that's not the worst part.

The worst part is, the whole world knows about me.

Weeks ago, it was just the school. Now, it's the whole world.

Another worst part is that there are probably cameras waiting for me outside the school building.

Here I am now, late in the afternoon, all alone in the library just to hide myself, and study. Yes, I study. Gasp.

As I was drowned into the world of Trigonometry, a loud thump on my table snapped me away. I looked up from my textbook, and my eyes met with Georgina's.

"Oh, it's just you," I say to her. "What can I help you, Georgina?"

"Nothing actually," she says. "Just came by to know if you love the article." A wicked grin spreads on her face.

I knit my eyebrows in confusion, but then I came into realization. "You," I snap at her. "You did this."

"It doesn't matter if I did it or not, Rory. I warned you, stay away from Hayden," she say angrily.

I stood up from my table, and my face is on level with hers. "Are you some kind of a control freak?" This time, I shout. "Hayden does not have a relationship with anyone, especially me. And if I am, you have no right to control my life because it's not yours. I get to live my life, I get to choose my friends, and I get to make my own decisions."

"Oh, Rory," she coos at me. "Little Rory, you will never be the same. You are still the same rebel, you are still the same loner, and you are still the same freak. No wonder why Hayden wants to date you. I mean, have you seen his face? That face has a lot of girls lining for him, and have you counted how many ex's he has? Or are you just one of them? Can't you see? Hayden is just playing with you."

Her words hit me hard.

You are still the same rebel, you are still the same loner, and you are still the same freak.

"And Rory," she continues. The same mischievous look plastered on her face. "Don't you ever forget that no matter how famous you are now, people will still look at you the same way as I look at you: a desperate slut. That's who you really are, right?" She asks sarcastically.