Rebels » Chapter Ten

Copyright © 2015 by azureblisss

Two days.

It's been two days.

It's been two days since I ignored Hayden. It's been two days since we didn't speak. It's been two days since the deal was off. It's been two days since I hadn't opened that letter. It's been two days since Hayden dropped out of school.

Apparently, he has this new movie he's going to work on and that means no school. Which also means ignoring me without giving me a chance to apologize. I swear, that assh-

Anyway, I told my siblings everything. Amanda admitted to us for humiliating herself by demanding me to read such romantic books, which I found very hilarious at all. Ashton, on the other hand, understands my situation completely. However, he did not release the anchor yet. He scolded me about the circumstances and what will happen if the crime will be leaked and yada yada yada.

For the umpteenth time, I reassured him that everything will be okay and Hayden's dad took care of it (I have to thank his dad for it, by the way). Meanwhile, Amanda is having her speech about opposites attract and my apology to him for being a bitch, and I quote "He'll forgive me and we can continue dating again."

Yeah right.

Because of Amanda pressuring me to do something I wouldn't do, I disobeyed my inner-bitch self and do it anyway. Only for the sake of Amanda. Oh, the things I'd do for you, li'l sis.

Later that night, I was sprawled on my bed with my laptop. I was currently working on my "apology" letter to Hayden. I decided that I will apologize to him on his email. Before you ask, I got his email not a long time ago, but when I saw his file on the school. And mind you, I was not stalking him.

After a countless times of hitting the backspace button, I finally finished the letter. I didn't ended the letter with my name. Instead, I ended the letter with my ever so sarcastic remark: Your hot girlfriend, Rory.

I am so proud of my work, were the last words I thought in my head before hitting "Send".

♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛

Thursday morning, repetitive knocks came in from the door, disturbing my beauty sleep.

"Go away, Ashton," I said loudly with a hint of sleepiness in my tone.

"Is that how my hot girlfriend treats me in the morning?" A very familiar voice said from behind the door.

I got up from my bed quickly, and dashed to my wall mirror beside the door. I grabbed a hair tie on my desk and began to tie my hair quickly. "Shut up, Hayden," I retorted. He laughed at my response.

"Are you done?" He asked.

"Be patient," I replied. With one last tight pull of my hair, I finished my ponytail and opened the door.

There, stood Hayden King, in all its glory. And by glory, I meant his expensive clothes compared to my sweatpants and Ashton's old loose jersey.

"What do you want?" I asked uninterested.

"I came here to talk."

I shot him a glare. "Last time we did that, it didn't end up pretty well."

"Well, this talk does too."

I gave him a questioning look. "What do you mean?"

He didn't reply. Instead, he walked right past me and went in my room.

"Hey! You can't just walk into someone's room like that," I told him, cleaning up everything on the floor. Dirty laundry, books, junkfoods, my bra-My bra!

I quickly took my underwear from the floor, into my laundry basket, fast enough for Hayden not to see.

Speaking of the devil, the devil spoke, "Nice bra. Polka-dotted. Lovely."

I felt my face flushed crimson. If there's one word to describe this situation right now, it would be embarrassing. And my face, it's redder than a woman's period.

"Shut up," I said to Hayden, my back turned to him. I don't want to him to see my flustered face right now or it would add more points to this embarrassing situation. Knowing Hayden, he'd probably take a picture of me and make it trending.

Not longer than a minute, I feel myself calm, and that's when I turned to him. "I swear, the whole time, your ears were red," he said. Way to make things embarrassing, Hayden.

"Just tell me why you're here, Hayden."

"Well," he sat on the bed-my bed. "Remember the guy that I killed?" I nod. "His name was Kenny Lawson, and apparently, he has a relative who works on the police investigation, and that relative was actually his brother, Officer Roland Lawson."

I sat on the bed next to him, paying attention. "Your point?"

"Did you remember that my Dad paid them for their silence?" I nod. "Officer Roland did not agree."

"And what's supposed to be the problem?"

"He'd sue my Dad. Although he did not have enough money, he'd do it or if not, he'd tell the government."

I was stunned, to put it bluntly. I don't know what to say. If he does tell the government about this, all will be going down-I would be going down. Hayden's Dad would lose his company, Hayden would lose his reputation, and they'll be arrested for it. If they are going down, I would be going down too.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked him, worried.

"My father is planning for an alibi. And knowing my father, he'd include you," he said.

I'm going down with them too. "Right."

"Here's the thing, I only told you this so that you can prepare yourself. For what will happen next, and if you want more information, feel free to contact me," he took out a paper from the pocket of his jeans and handed it to me.

I took the paper from him and looked at it. It was his cellphone number. Holy shit, I have a celebrity's phone number. A lucky girl I am indeed. "Oh wow, celebrities do give away their phone numbers."

"Don't flatter yourself, Rory. You're not the only one."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"Anyway, I guess I'd be heading right now," he stood up from the bed and I followed suit. "Oh, and remember Rory. Do not tell anyone about this, especially your family. Just in case if something bad happens, you'll be dragging them down with you too," he said. Holy mother of fu-

Before I even get the chance to respond, he walked out of the room.

I am definitely screwed.

And for once in my life, I thought I didn't need Hayden. But I was wrong, I need him.

I need Hayden.

♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛

Djddldorjrjskndjdkandndjenfhdjfisjcjrojx

Writer's block sucks. And I'm not the only one swooning right now, but don't worry, there will be a lot of swooning moments soon. Just wait.

P.S. Don't forget to Vote, Comment & Share!

~azureblisss~