Rebels » Chapter One

First chapter, yay!

Copyright © 2015 by azureblisss

The Chicago cool night breeze hit me in a relaxing sensation. The stars in the sky shined in their full glory. And the silence surrounded the area. This is all what I needed. Silence.

Standing on the park with my hands tucked in the pockets of my clothes, I let out a breath. A faded white fog came out of my mouth due to the winter weather around the place. The green grass is replaced by white snow, and the swing set that was rested around the corner of the park was, you guessed it, covered with snow. Actually, the whole park is covered with snow. Well, the snow just started yesterday and some people are just too lazy to clean the place.

However, there was still a spot on the bench that was snow-free. Sighing in relief, I walked to the bench and sat on the spot. I looked up to see the night sky full of stars. This situation calmed my mind even more. I closed my eyes, and thought of all the happy moments of my life. Calm, peaceful moments. When my mother was alive and I was happy. Happy.

With these thoughts running in my head, I soon drifted off to sleep.

♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛ ♚ ♛

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

My eyes fluttered open to the loud sound of my alarm. I grunted in annoyance. That stupid alarm clock. If only it was alive, then I'd definitely kill it, and if only it wasn't important.

But wait, my alarm clock isn't that loud, and it definitely wasn't behind me.

I turned my head around so fast that it almost gave me a whiplash, only to see a snow plow working on the road. Wow, why now when I'm trying to calm my grief here.

I groaned in annoyance as I plug my earphones in my phone and put them in my ears. The song Flares by The Script blared through the earphones and I could still hear the faint sound of the snow plow doing its work. I closed my eyes for about thirty-three seconds - yes, I counted - and noticed that the sound of the snow plow was suddenly gone.

I removed the earphones and looked behind me. The snow plow was still there, but the engine was turned off and there was no driver inside. Huh, strange.

I stood up from the bench and approached the vehicle. I opened the driver's seat's door and take a look inside. What kind of driver would leave his vehicle unlocked? People these days.

It was pitch black inside, also because it's around 12:00 midnight and there's no light source here. Well, there was still the light post but the light can't reach this place.

I took my phone out of the pocket and turned the flashlight on to take a look what's inside, but only to find a dead body inside.

Holy shit. Holy shit.

I let out an ear-piercing scream and almost dropped my phone in shock. I moved the flashlight around the vehicle, and notice a black figure on the other side of the truck. It was a man.

A dead body and a man. He was the killer.

I screamed again, but this time, in fear.

He was outside the passenger's door and his brown eyes met my pale blue ones. It was then the sudden realization hit me, he saw me. He saw me.

Well, fƲck.

And the next thing I knew, he started walking towards me. With my face pale, I turned my flashlight off and placed my phone in my pocket with shaky hands, because I knew that he was next to me. I could feel his breath on my neck that sent shivers down my spine.