Chapter Eleven

The next morning I woke up and we were under the blankets. Ellis must've moved me when I fell asleep. Our bodies were pressed together much like how I'd fallen asleep. He was still asleep, but I took the time to admire him while he slept. His hair was wild and unruly, his cheeks were flushed, and his mouth slack. I wiggled closer and pressed my lips to his. He didn't wake up, and I was thankful because he needed the rest. He needed the time to think. I could take away the stress of having to deal with his father for a short period of time, but I couldn't take away all of his problems with sex.

I moved his arm and placed it by his side as I rolled out of bed. I strolled into the bathroom and when I switched on the lights I brushed my teeth and took a shower in record time. Coming back out wrapped in a towel, Ellis was still asleep, but he'd rolled onto his stomach. I smiled at the sight and continued to the closet. I put on a pair of yoga pants and a shirt then went into the kitchen. I wanted to make my husband a big breakfast before he woke up, as a surprise and a thank you for making me breakfast the previous morning.

I gathered all the ingredients for the breakfast and put them on the counter. I would start with the pancakes since the biscuits, bacon, and eggs wouldn't take long. I could multitask and alternate between each foods around the kitchen. I found my cell phone and dialed Emily, seeing as she might want to join us and I hadn't talked to her in a day or two. She agreed to come over, but only if I let her invite her new friend boy over named Ben. After hanging up, I went to put my phone on its charger and ended up finding Ellis wide awake sitting upright on the bed talking on the phone.

"Good morning." I said, coming to sit next to him.

"I'll talk to you later." He told the person on the other line of his phone and hung up. "Good morning." He smiled.

"Who was that on the phone?" I asked.

He shrugged. "My dad,"

"Why didn't you talk to him?"

"You came in the room."

"You still could've talked to him, I don't need to be an excuse not too." I moved to lie next to him and he made room for me. "How are you doing?"

"Fine." I felt his lips on top of my head. "I'm sorry for being cold to you last night."

"You weren't. I wanted to take your mind off of it."

He kissed the top of my head again. "You did, very effectively, might I add."

"I take that as a good thing." I tilted my head to kiss him and he met me half way.

"Mel,"

"Yeah." I replied, but I wouldn't let him break the kiss. I kept my lips pressed to his and when he pulled away, I went with him and wrapped my arms around his neck to keep him from pulling away more.

He laughed at my attempt and he still managed to pull me off of him. "Mel, I smell something burning."

I waited a moment and sniffed the air. There was definitely a burning smell and I knew exactly where it was coming from. "Fuck!" I shrieked and hurriedly scrambled out of the bed.

The biscuits were burnt and not the kind that could be scrapped off either. I took them out of the oven and let them cool off before I threw them away.

"Were you making breakfast?" Ellis asked at the kitchen island.

"I was trying."

"Are there anymore biscuits?"

"No, that was the last of them. I wanted to make a big breakfast because Emily is coming over with her boyfriend."

"Emily has a boyfriend?" Ellis asked, looking confused.