Chapter Twenty Nine

The beginning is a mini dream sequence that foreshadows an upcoming event. But I'd just like to say, this is the worst chapter I've written because I wrote this late at night while I was barely awake so if there are errors or something doesn't seem right then I'll get to it later.
____________________________________________________________

Hey, you.

His voice was soft so he wouldn't startle me. I opened my eyes and met his blue ones. He was prompt up on one arm staring down at me. "Ellis?"

Wake up, you don't want to sleep all day.

"What, what're you doing here?" I searched the room. We were back in our own home, again.

He laughed softly, I missed you.

"I missed you."

Come home. I need you.

Come home? But I already was home, was I? "I can't."

Mel, I really need you. Please.

"I can't."

Mel, please

"Melinda, Melinda, wake up." Jon gently nudged me awake.

"What? What's wrong?"

"You were talking in your sleep and then you started thrashing." He said.

Talking in my sleep hadn't surprised me, Ellis said I did it some nights too. "I'm so sorry. Did I wake you?"

"No, I was cooking breakfast and I came in to check on you." He said.

I wiped my eyes and combed my fingers through my hair. What happened last night? "What time is it?"

"Eleven."

"Damn, I bet I got a lot of calls from Emily." I fished through my purse for my phone and brought the screen to life. Surprisingly, there weren't any messages or missed calls from her. "Or not."

"I hope you like blueberry pancakes because mine are famous."

"I've never had any, I can't wait."

"Your clothes are in the chair and I have spare toothbrushes under the sink in the bathroom. Feel free to freshen up, if you want."

"Thank you."

Jon left to give me some privacy. I pulled my phone back out and dialed Emily's number.

"It's about damn time, Mel. Where the hell are you?" She said, always the person to never say hey as a normal greeting.

"I'm still at Jon's, where would I be?" I replied.

"You didn't tell me you were spending the night. Did you fuck him?"

"Em!"

"Sorry, I forgot you're too damn conservative. Did you guys hump?"

"No." I said.

His bathroom was small and cozy. He kept his bathroom clean by the looks of it or it's just clean because I'm here and he's actually a pig, but I chose not to believe that about him. He left a towel and washcloth folded on the sink and next to it was an unused toothbrush still packed. I used my hair tie to put my hair into a sloppy bun and began to strip. I was wearing his t-shirt and boxers which he loaned me last night when it looked like I wasn't going to go home. It'd been close to three in the morning by the time we finished talking about life—mine, to be specific.

I'm not sure what protocol was for what I'm not supposed to disclose to the other guy, but it felt good to tell someone who was new.